Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle Redbook Accuracy

Hey all,

As the title suggests, I'd like to know how accurate the motorcycle Redbook is. I'm in the market for various 250's and I've put in one model and check out what it comes up with.

Used Bike Prices - Search Used Bike Prices & Values Online - Red Book

$300 to $600! Madness. The Redbook.cm.au website redirects to the asiapacific site when you click on motorbikes.

How much can I pull on these figures when I'm bargaining for a bike? I tried asking Harro, the overweight cbr1000rr rider who sits next to me at work, but he knows nothing about motorbikes.

Cheers,
    Pete

Bullshit, I know how to crash em!

Oh and welcome to PSB. Idiot.

And a rebel? :facepalm: Oh I have an even better idea - bobbin that cheap ass mofo!

Idiot.
    Last edited by Harro; 22-03-2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Give it 3-6 months and Harros CBR will only be worth $600
      Men have motorcycles while women have menstrual cycles, you can't talk to either while they are on it. The women's also has a sound, it goes nag-na-nag-nag-nag, biiiiiitch-bitch-biiiiiiiitch!

Comment

you gotta remember that the bike you looked at is 24 years old. its never gonna be that expensive.

not sure how accurate they are though. i think its not too bad for over east apparently but it should give you at least a ballpark figure for what you're looking at

Comment

ballpark is about it IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Waikikamucau View Post
            Give it 3-6 months and Harros CBR will only be worth $600
            PMSL I heard the news Harro

Comment

2008 Hyo GT250 = $3400

Good job Redbook!
              Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

The private prices I thought were collated from figures supplied on transfer papers, I would suggest that a lot of buyers of 2nd hand bikes fudge the purchase price to try and reduce the stamp duty paid.
                Originally posted by Abuse this
                Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Just letting you know that most of the prices you see the bikes advertised for are about right, you'll also notice that for a particular model most are around the same price, which is also a dead giveaway to the correctness of an asking price. That being said you will occasionally find a bargain

Welcome along

Comment

Aren't redbook prices Australia-wide? That would explain why they're unrealistically low for 250s - our 250 market is artificially inflated compared to states with LAMS.
                    I was the best, you all knew it / on the days I cared at all
                    You can all say I blew it / you'll be talkin 'bout me for years

Comment

Originally posted by mekon View Post
                      The private prices I thought were collated from figures supplied on transfer papers, I would suggest that a lot of buyers of 2nd hand bikes fudge the purchase price to try and reduce the stamp duty paid.
                      That's a real good point actually. .. I've also heard u get between 1
                      $1000-$2000 more on the west coast due to avalability .
                      IF ITS TO LOUD ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

They're about as accurate as averages for an entire country can be.

Comment

It's a good indicator for recent models but for more rare/older bikes it's nonsense.

For example 1988 VFR750R:

Trade in price guide$2,400 - $2,800
                          Private price guide$3,500 - $4,200

I don't think so!!!
                          "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

do you feel ripped off spock?
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

I'm absolutely spewing!
                              "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Working...
                              X