Finally Did It!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Did It!

Well, after almost 20 years of procrastinating & bitching, I finally bit the bullet & brought myself the project bike I have always dreamed of. I picked her up tonight after work & have put her to bed with her new big sister. Sorry about the quality of the pics 9especially the background) but i was a little rushed.

The plan is for a bare frame rebuild to get her back to showroom condition - this will probably take a while, as parts are pretty much non existant these days.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Noice. If you find there's not enough room for the both of them & you need to get rid of the 1198S - lemme know...

Comment

I doubt she'll be going anywhere in a hurry - I've got $15k worth of mod parts sitting in boxes waiting to be fitted

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

That's alright - I've got room for them too

Comment

christ that 1198s looks like sex!!
          Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
          Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
          In the backroads as it is on the freeway
          Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
          And forgive us our lanesplitting
          As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
          And lead us not into gravel corners
          But deliver us from hand-held radars
          For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
          Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Mods for the 1198:
            Ohlins FG 353 Desmocidesi Forks with magnesium steering head & offset triple
            Ohlins TTX rear shock with Kyle racing progressive linkage & all titanium hardware & pins
            Sato ride height adjuster
            Marchesini forged magnesium rims
            Titanium front axle & lots of other titanium hardware
            Lots of carbon bits
            STM rear quick change sprocket with magnesium hub, titanium cush drives & hardware
            Magnesium axle nuts for front & rear
            Billet crankcase breather
            Puig screen with titanium fasteners
            Oberon billet fuel cap
            Vortex 14t front sprocket
            EVR billet drive sprocket cover
            Carbon instrument subframe

This is on top of the work already completed, and the list keeps growing each week. Looking at the mag swing arm, cf airbox, mag swingarm hub & other goodies, but may decide to stop spending ont his one to concentrate on the new project bike.
            Last edited by Sumfun4me; 23-03-2011, 06:44 PM. Reason: change titanium to magnesium

Comment

Originally posted by Sumfun4me View Post
              I've got $15k worth of mod parts sitting in boxes waiting to be fitted
              So you bought the Ducati OEM key ring to go with the bike?

Great project bike am very jealous
              "Democracy means simply the bludgeoning of the people by the people for the people"

Comment

ooooo this will be a nice project!! good luck

Comment

Working...
                X