Help me choose a new bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose a new bike.

I ride a cruiser and have done for the last 4 years. I have never ridden a sports bike. I am looking to get a sports bike as I want to do some track days and for the days I want to go a liitle faster than my cruiser. I have a budget of about $7500. I really wanted to buy a bike that was on here but it sold yesterday and my money only became available today. I have found 4 bikes I have decided to look at and they are shown bellow. I was looking to get a 600 as I was unsure how I would go on a 1000 but then I wonder if there is really going to be that much difference as long as I ride within my limitations. Let me know what you think of the bikes bellow or if you think there is a better one I should buy.
    Scott

07 CBR600 8k

05 zx10r 7.5k

06 CBR600RR 7.9k

07 GSXR600 8k
    Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

If you just want track time and a bike that is going to be confidence inspiring, get yourself a ZX7R. Won't be the fastest thing out there, but they are very composed.
    Planted front end, good brakes and a heap of aftermarket parts available should you bin it on the track.
    Excellent road bikes too.
    A bit heavy by today's standards, but I rate them extremely highly.

Comment

A little bit more info on you mate? Height, Weight, i ask because some bikes are quite tall in the seat or can be wider than others. do you want majority track bike? as in better at track days then on road?

Have you though about the Yam R6.. very good track bike. but needs riding hard.. CBR great bike alround so if not overly confident good bike...ZX10r is a balistic bike...but needs modifying to get best out of it....

If your gona go GSXR then i would prob go for a 750 as they dont need riding as hard as the 600...

Yam R1 is an another awesome bike for the track....what ever bike you get you should have it set up for you....

One of the above the black CBR 600 looks nice

Comment

I was looking at 2 ZX6R's but the couple on here I liked have sold. It wont be just for the track but I do want to get into track days. For the budget I have the bikes above seemed the best value. It may seem superficial but I also wanted a nice looking bike too. My main criteria was 2002 onwards and 600cc and up. I like the dual head lights and the under tail exhausts.

Comment

A liter can bit you
          A 600 will warn you
          REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
          (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by zx10seb View Post
            A little bit more info on you mate? Height, Weight, i ask because some bikes are quite tall in the seat or can be wider than others. do you want majority track bike? as in better at track days then on road?

Have you though about the Yam R6.. very good track bike. but needs riding hard.. CBR great bike alround so if not overly confident good bike...ZX10r is a balistic bike...but needs modifying to get best out of it....

If your gona go GSXR then i would prob go for a 750 as they dont need riding as hard as the 600...

Yam R1 is an another awesome bike for the track....what ever bike you get you should have it set up for you....

One of the above the black CBR 600 looks nice
            Im 180cm tall and a little cuddly at 100kg. I really would like to get out on the track but i will be completely green and depending on my work schedule it may only be a trackday every 2 or 3 months so I will be riding it on the road alot when not on my cruiser. Anything that has to be ridden hard is probably out of my league at this point in time.

Comment

I have never seen this bike in the flesh, just 2 mins ago on PSB... http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...1000rr-125630/

If the budget stretches.... that looks the shizzle
              Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

Comment

ZX6r very nice bike....my brother has a 2003 zx6rr that he selling....but like 600's you have to ride then so hard to get the best out of them...a bit lacking in the toque range until get them onto higher rpm....

He is a quite short and he has had to lower his zx6rr, he also had to lower his GSXR750 too.

Comment

Nice bike ace good call......honda's are a good alround bike....good track weapon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderbird View Post
                    I was looking at 2 ZX6R's but the couple on here I liked have sold. It wont be just for the track but I do want to get into track days. For the budget I have the bikes above seemed the best value. It may seem superficial but I also wanted a nice looking bike too. My main criteria was 2002 onwards and 600cc and up. I like the dual head lights and the under tail exhausts.
                    2002+....Check
                    600cc+...Check
                    Dual headlights....Check
                    Undertail exhausts... Check
                    Nice Looking bike...Check

Shameless plug for my bike although you would be stretching your budget quite a bit..

Comment

HA HA....yeah i was gona suggest a 675 but yeah i dont think he will find one for his budget.....awesome bike apparently.....has won best 600 for like 2 years. or something.

Comment

Have you been and sat on any yet? some vary very slightly in length and sitting position too.... you might find one really comfortable and the other horrible....

It is hard to say get this one or that one. cos i feel confident on you might not...You will be faster on a bike you are comfortable on...but we will always comment on them ...ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by zx10seb View Post
                          If your gona go GSXR then i would prob go for a 750
                          +1

Though I will give you the thumbs up for a ZX6R. I had a 2007, loved it to bits. Would probably still have it if it wasn't written off. But I did feel that it could have used a little more grunt now and again.
                          Signed ....Mal....

Originally posted by The Saint
                          Ride the boner that gives you the biggest bike.

Comment

Go the black one.
                            sigpic

Comment

Get a fuckin motard
                              -

Comment

Working...
                              X