Overtaken by your own rear wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overtaken by your own rear wheel

Apologies if this has already been posted.

"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Wheel designer lost his/her job...

Comment

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...n-comp-125553/

RR #223 | SM #223
      Bike: Ninja 300 & Yamaha R6 | Yamaha YZ450F
      Class: Production & Clubman 600 | Supermoto Open
      Sponsor: Race Shield Industries

Comment

yeah, that was just this weekend at donnington WSBK. i remember watching and thinking at first that someone had crashed up the road, and their wheel had caught up to the guys in front.
        then he just started sliding...

truly a brown pants moment if ever there was one!

he was lucky that it gave way on one of the slowest corners at that track, if it had happened down at the Kraner(sp?) curves :o

Comment

Originally posted by Pva_Glue View Post
          Wheel designer lost his/her job...
          lol at first I was going to say "pit bitch lost his job" until I saw the pic of the wheel. How much are those wheel rims again?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoundrel View Post
            lol at first I was going to say "pit bitch lost his job" until I saw the pic of the wheel. How much are those wheel rims again?
            About 2 grand a set (consumer), give or take, plus or minus, less in bulk, etc.

Comment

Despite it being a "slow" corner... the jarring as he was slammed on his arse wouldn't have been pleasant.

Years ago on a family holiday, we were overtaken by our caravan.
              Tow hitch snapped on a gentle down hill curve. (and the caravan was amazingly neatly balanced.)

That was hilarious. (once it was all over and we realised there was no significant damage)

(although it would have been a brown pants moment for the people coming the other way if they were any closer!)

Comment

I once overtook my front wheel while doing on mono on my pushie. The ending wasn't pretty.
                -

Comment

Originally posted by agrid View Post
                  I once overtook my front wheel while doing on mono on my pushie. The ending wasn't pretty.
                  Ditto. Instead mountain biking w/ a mate. He stopped suddenly, as did i but flipped over the handle bars. But landed nuts first on mates back wheel.... i know, I know, 2 penis's on one bike rule was broken

i paid for it tho :S
                  "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion." ~ Muhammad Ali

Comment

He could have been highsided while the bike was facing backwards, so he got off pretty lightly, considering.
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                      He could have been highsided while the bike was facing backwards, so he got off pretty lightly, considering.
                      yes was a very gentle landing considering, it could have been far worse in so many ways especially for the rider behind him.

i would really hate to be his tailbone though that would have been seriously spine jarring.
                      Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

i lost a rear wheel on my RX7 back in the day. Nothing better than the back of the car thudding to the ground, sparks in the rear view mirror, then looking forward to watch your rear wheel bounce down the road into the darkness. I found my wheel the next day and about 2km down the road. Thank god neaves rd wasnt a busy street. P.S a locked diff has an awesome ability to undo wheel studs

I can only imagine the confused face that rider had when he saw the wheel fly past!

Comment

he should have countersteered and used his front brake to come to a nice drift stop..........

Comment

Working...
                          X