Faulty Speed Trap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty Speed Trap??

So here I was riding down Riseley Street Booragoon heading south. (ie. towards Leach Highway). Riseley Street is a 60 zone and I believe I slowed down enough so that I wouldn't get flashed as I was going past the Marmion Street intersection. I'm not exactly sure how fast I was going but it was definitely around the 60km/h mark but I still got flashed. I'm pretty sure that the speed I was traveling was slow enough not to get flashed because I've gone through other intersections at 4km/h over the limit and made it across safely. But this time I got flashed and thought, "my bad, I should have been more careful." This was about a month ago and I still haven't got any infringement notice so hopefully it stays that way.

Just about an hour ago, I was traveling the same route, but because of my previous experience I made sure I was doing 50-55km/h and I still got flashed. I drive through that intersection millions of times in my car and no problems.

Has anyone else been wrongfully flashed through that intersection? Is there a chance that the unit is faulty? Or perhaps it detects bikes differently to cars as they are smaller or something? Any insight perhaps?
    sigpic

Has anybody ever noticed that Booragoon is an anagram of Boongaroo?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Saint View Post
      Has anybody ever noticed that Booragoon is an anagram of Boongaroo?
      Nope, but I did see someone had destickered part of a capital G on a lightpost on Riseley St to make it BOORACOON ^_^

Comment

It's also an anagram of Noonga Boor.

How apt.

Comment

have you tried going through when the light is green for a comparison?
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Yes, both instances the lights were green. They were both between 21:00-22:00 so no other cars were around. ie. I went past the intersection by myself and what are the chances that my speedo is off?
            sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'm a photojournalist.
              Attached Files
              Jasmineee
              Last edited by Jasmineee; 03-04-2011, 12:26 AM.
              BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

Anyone know any local gangstas?

"Booragoon G" gives goon or a bong.

Comment

well look at that. now verified.
                  Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                  Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

I like the petrol tanker in the background

Comment

Reminds me of one of those "Local police are now targeting" signs, with the H replaced with a C in "Hoons"

Comment

It might be that the popo have your rego number on record and they are photographing your movements in the area... just an idea :_)

Comment

Lets face it the OP isn't going to get any sensible answers is he? and with that in mind...its not the sun flashing off a shiny Harley part thats dropped off at the intersection is it?
                          Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Make some phone calls, starting with the Traffic Enforcement Group on 6274 8676. There is a camera section, but I couldn't find a phone number for it, so ask TEG.

If you can get hold of someone who is involved with the cameras then you'll probably learn a shitload of stuff, which you can then post back here for the rest of us.

Ninja edit: just found this - Camera Section of the WA Police - 9222 1318

Go get 'em, tiger.
                            One owner. Only driven gently on Sundays. Sold to best offer. First to see will buy. Reward offered for safe return. Coming soon to a cinema near you. Available for a limited time only.

My waterbed broke this morning. Oh, I don't have a waterbed. Bugger.

Comment

Fines can take awhile to get issued. Give it more time and rubs some mudd on your plate for future said intersection.

Comment

Working...
                              X