This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR or R1

i am getting a NEW bike and it is going to be the CBR or the R1 ...........they are great bikes but which one ......... HELP

Buy the one that you thought rode the best. Easy

Comment

cbr, to many r1's around already
      "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

because u got an R1 billy? hmm what year of CBR or R1? IMO both bikes are great, as said go ride them. I did some research on 09 R1's apparently there are CCT problems... but latest CBR has fuel burn (apparently). so there.

Comment

:stupid:

Comment

CBR man, comfortable and plenty of usable power.

Plus they look better.

Oooh snap!

Comment

The Cam chain tensioner was a problem, got a freebee from Yamaha so not a problem.
              My dash clock lost half the first diget the 0-9 knh one )
              That was replaced no questions asked.

The R1 sounds evil
              The CBR sounds like a high powerd sowing maching that want to kill you.
              Both fantastic bikes.
              Ride both, think about the type of ride you want , position , mods you might want ect.
              Also get on some social rides if you havent already and talk to the peeps on the machines in person.

Most of all , enjoy.
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Originally posted by shaunok9
                Fair go guys, not everyone spends too much time on this forum
                You shouldn't need to spend any time on the forum to make a decision on which bike you prefer based on your personal preferences regarding looks, sound, price, colour, brand loyalty, comfort, grin factor from the test rides you would have done and projected use of the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by wangers View Post
                  i am getting a NEW bike and it is going to be the CBR or the R1 ...........they are great bikes but which one ......... HELP
                  Does this mean you've ridden them both and narrowed it down to one or the other but can't quite decide?

Or does this mean you like the look of both, but want more input about them?

Same answer from me either way, buy the one that suits your purpose best and gave you the biggest grin, the one that you daydream about going for a spin on during your workday, the one you look up info about and do the research on, the one you can imagine sitting in your garage at home and the one you can imagine keeping it nice and shiny after every ride (for the first couple of months anyway).

If you haven't testridden them, I urge you to have a bash on some of the other options, they might just surprise you.
                  Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

Originally posted by padfoot View Post
                    You shouldn't need to spend any time on the forum to make a decision on which bike you prefer based on your personal preferences regarding looks, sound, price, colour, brand loyalty, comfort, grin factor from the test rides you would have done and projected use of the machine.
                    I think you totally missed my point. By heaps.

Comment

I guess I'm sorta in your position atm, CBR's are going for a lot cheaper than R1's and they really are decent looking... But don't let that make up your decision for you, go test ride them and that should answer your question.

Both have plenty of power to lose your license/get you killed so don't take them lightly. But seriously, Drasius sums it up well

Comment

Wangers, a completely unbiased opinion, I would have to say choose the 2006 CBR1000RR.
                        For an in depth discussion on R1's and CBR's please see this link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-000-a-125630/
                        Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Ride both - buy the one that gives you the biggest boner

(std psb response)

Comment

get a cbr with repsol fairings. they are like super rare.

lol
                            Need a website designer? PM me for a quote.
                            Here are some sites I've done recently - Velocity Race Team | Business Insurance | West Perth Insurance Broker | Labour Hire | Final Trim Operators

Comment

get an r1 they are fkn awesome and i have one and they sound cool and they are a nice looking bike and i have one and you should get an r1
                              Drink all day, play all night,
                              Let's get it poppin'.
                              I'm on my Yammie, bitch!

Comment

Working...
                              X