klr 650 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klr 650 question

hey all, thinking about buying a klr 650 2010 model, anyone have any experience with them mainly on, commuting, freeway and easy dirt tracks. any info would be great.

two guys at work have them , one commutes daily from rocky to armadale , i believe the other has been outback an every where ,is also a daily commuter , never heard a complaint , a mate has an older one which i took in for a service not long ago seemed to be ok although not my style of bike

Comment

Originally posted by brinno View Post
      hey all, thinking about buying a klr 650 2010 model, anyone have any experience with them mainly on, commuting, freeway and easy dirt tracks. any info would be great.
      If you read the reviews,it would seem to be your perfect bike,although a twin cyl would be better IMO.
      The single cyls need to rev to get smooth accelleration.
      The yamaha XT660 would also be worth a look.
      Triumph Rocket
      Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
      XT 250 Yamaha
      SYM HD200
      SYM Shark 125

Comment

I rode one a few times a while back and it was so unbelievable gutless compared to my . I couldn't believe it. Maybe the motor was rooted, I don't know, but it wasn't blowing any smoke. Based on that experience I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole unless it was real cheap.
        Last edited by agrid; 07-04-2011, 09:04 PM.
        -

Comment

alwrighty thanks people,

Comment

They are gutless. Current 400's are wayyyyy better.
            Although in the comfort stakes they are comfy as.

Comment

If your taller than the average rider,I mean 6ft2ish,a Honda XR650L might be the go if the KLR is too underpowered.
              Its true the KLR is gutless heap in its class but I found it ok in traffic.
              Triumph Rocket
              Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
              XT 250 Yamaha
              SYM HD200
              SYM Shark 125

Comment

sounds like its probably not the bike for me, thanks all

Comment

Working...
                X