Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone been to Sepang GP?

Hi everyone,

We would like to visit Malaysia for the Sepang GP this year, we've never been before and have a few questions for those that have been in the past.

Do you have any advice on hotels? Which hotel did you stay in near the track? The Pan Pacific is a wee bit pricey for the 4 of us (2 adults, a 10 year old and a 2 year old) and it seems mostly booked out by Moto gp associated people anyway.

And also who did you fly with? We'd like to fly with Air Asia, anyone had any probs with them?

How did you get around, are taxi fares reasonable?

Anywhere else you would recommend visiting in Malaysia while we are there? (Perhaps somewhere the kids would enjoy too?)

Do you know of anyone selling good GP ticket package deals?

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance, your advice/suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!

Sharon, Bruce, Kieran and Ruben

take earplugs
    Originally posted by Bendito
    If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Yea, went last year. Hopefully will go this year again.

Last year went for almost 2 weeks, this year will probably just go for the weekend. We stayed at the pan pacific which was fantastic, amazing service and food plus all the riders and teams were staying there so in the days leading up to the race we frequently saw riders at breakfast and in the elevators, great way to get easy photos with the riders without having to hangout in the pit lane for ages.

This year probably stay a little further away and catch the train or a bus to the track for the qualifying and race (last year we turned up for all the practice sessions).

Flew with malasian air, they were awesome. Great service, tv's on the back of each chair. It was international so we spent most the flight concentrating on the free booze.

We bought tickets at the track when we went to see the first practice session, there was very little lines and prices were still standard.

I've probably got more I could tell you, but I've only just woken up so can't think the best. Ask more questions or for better description if you want and I'll answer later in the day ^_^
      When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
      Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

the pan pacific is well worth the coin, if not purely for the chance of running into motogp personnel. went in 09 and three of us shared a twin room with +1 bed and the price was very affordable from memory. oh did i mention the chance of running into motogp people?

beer with james toseland after qualifying last haha, played pool alongisde chris vermeulen having dinner. breakfast next to nicky hayden and casey stoner and got to meet the great man himself Rossi on the eve of him clinching his ninth world title. Got him to sign an a3 pullout poster from the program of him and Lorenzo and got some photos with him to authenticate.

cheap flights from air asia, vip tickets (above pit lane - i thinki $660 for the whole weeekend so ~220 a day for food/piss supplied) and shared accomodation in nice hotels for 4 days was a tad under 1400 bucks if i remember correctly. the memories are priceless

Comment

one thing to remember, definately have an exit strategy from the track- we cabbed it in and thought we could wing it back- not the case!

whether you're going by bus or cab, have an arranged pickup/dropoff point and discuss prices beforehand. we nearly got shafted by dodgy cab drivers waiting outside the track. the roads exiting were chockas and the wait in the heat was disgusting so have it organised beforehand and at least you'll be waiting in your air con'd car or bus.

Comment

Thanks so much giet, we really appreciate your advice! Thanks too Big Dave, and g0zer we definately will take earplugs for the little ones!

Comment

welcome

Comment

Working...
              X