Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speeding fine

I got done for 141km/h in a 110km/h on the Eyre hwy on the nullabor

When the officer asked for my drivers licence i had a valid Victorian DL and a no longer valid WA DL, he took down the dl number from my WA card, all tho it no longer exists anymore because i transfered it to a Vic Dl

i check the DPI website for outstanding infringements on my WA dl, but nothing shows up because the licence number doesnt exist anymore

Will the infringement be transferred to my Vic DL or have i passed thru some kinda loop hole?
    Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going.

I got flashed in qld about 6 months ago in a rental car. They had my wa details, I paid the fine and have checked for the points regularly and they haven't shown up. I think some states share the info properly but in my case qld and wa have not.

Not complaining in the slightest!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

What most states do is create a dummy licence in your name, then apply any penalties to that. They rarely if ever end up on your normal licence.

So as long as you pay your fine you should be ok.

Disclaimer: IANAL, and I'm also not a lawyer, so don't trust a word some funny lookin bloke on the internet tells you.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

yeah im about to go to the Post office and pay the $300 pesos, but i thought id just ask before i give the state some more money. Vic roads took my WA dl when i transfered but i had another WA dl aswell
        Funny enough, I was just talking to my friend about that. Our speedometer has melted and as a result it's very hard to see with any degree of accuracy exactly how fast we were going.

Comment

the points don't go onto your license until you pay the fine, that's the point that you accept/admit guilt, so they may appear somewhere you just looked too early
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Working...
          X