Rejoin the race after a wipeout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rejoin the race after a wipeout?

Just wanna see what you guys/girls think about this. Do you think its fine to rejoin the race after a crash? I did try and see what are the rules in the motorgp about this but no luck. What I do know is. If the bike can be turnd back on and there is no DMG to it you can rejoin the race em I right here?

If you can still race then why wouldn't you be permitted to race?
    Originally posted by Melkor
    The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Rossi did this on the weekend after wiping out..
      Originally posted by slipin
      IF ITS TO LOWED ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

Originally posted by stoner View Post
        Rossi did this to me on the weekend..
        Fixed
        User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

What does it really matter what we think.. consulting the Manual of Motorsport for the specific class of racing you are referring to will dictate it either way.

Comment

Originally posted by stoner View Post
            Rossi did this on the weekend after wiping out..
            Yes he did and all of the marshals helped him get back on the bike and Mr Stoner did not get much help geting back on.

Im not angry or sad that Rossi got back up and Stoner lost out I was just haveing a look if there was any rules about it and what you guys think.

Comment

I felts cheated i did......
              Originally posted by slipin
              IF ITS TO LOWED ! YOUR TOO OLD

Comment

That was the most angry monent of my life!
                A 9 time world champion should know better. Not a fan of rossi anymore at all!

Comment

There is nothing preventing you from restarting if you are able to. If your bike has a serious problem or your leathers are seriously FUBAR or whatever, you will be black flagged by race control.

Comment

I'm with the school of thought that as long as you are not posing a hazard to other racers then even if you want to pick the dam thing up and carry it to the finish line then by all means go for it.
                    The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

One of the best efforts ive seen was wayne gardner in a soaking wet gp in japan way back when.. He dropped it twice and kept picking it up and moving up through the pack, till finally dropping his honda again and was unable to continue. He showed a lot of heart that day. I had a pic scanned from amcn on my fridge for a long time of him on his battlescarred honda, no windscreen, scratched, smashed and dirty fairing.. I love shit like that!
                      'Tis easier to ask forgiveness, than it is to get permission..

Comment

I think it's absolutely fine, for example F1 or V8s, when they crash and they still are able to continue they usually go for it. It's just that a bike engine is cut out when it's dropped (not too sure on this?) and you need some special device to get it up and running again, or what they do try and jump start it.

I think what Rossi did was all apart of racing, but a very very risky move, he was just moving up the ranks before hand and he's definitely got the skill to do it but I guess it was just bad luck for him. It was shown that all the marshalls were buzzed around Rossi and no-one was out there to help Stoner, which was really really disappointing

Comment

If you can rejoin no problem....but in the case of Rossi there should be some sort of penalty if you cause interference with another rider especially if you end their race. Other forms of motor sport have this sort of consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by CBRay View Post
                            That was the most angry monent of my life!
                            A 9 time world champion should know better. Not a fan of rossi anymore at all!
                            Most angry moment of your life? You must lead a very sedate life.
                            It's all a part of racing. The urge to win and split second decisions.

Winning is the most important. Everything is consequence of that. - Ayrton Senna
                            If you love your motorcycle, set it free. If it comes back, you probably high-sided.

Comment

Does forgetting to flick the kill-switch count as not being able to get the bike started?
                              P.S on Wayne
                              Last edited by Wedge; 05-04-2011, 12:01 AM.
                              :stupid:

Comment

Working...
                              X