daytona 675 hunting idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daytona 675 hunting idle

Cold start - until warm, idle hunts. Will spend 5 to 10s at one rpm, then rev higher, upto 400 higher then down again and repeat. Once warm, no issues. Any ideas? throttle sensor, afm oily or on the blink? 17.5k done, had 20k service with no probs, 07 model. Any suggestions? Want to have an idea what I'm in for.

The R3's have a device called a stepper motor which works in conjunction with the TPS and both are a known problem.Maybe the Daytona has somehing similar.

My Rocket is doing something similar to your Daytona. Start her up cold,it revs high for few seconds then dies and repeats this until till warm. It will keep running with some throttle and once warm is no problem.
    Im going in soon for a 32k service and will ask them about it .
    Triumph Rocket
    Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
    XT 250 Yamaha
    SYM HD200
    SYM Shark 125

Comment

Originally posted by spags View Post
      Cold start - until warm, idle hunts. Once warm, no issues.
      No problems IMO.
      At least your bike does it automatically, I still have to use the choke
      The faster you go, the slower you age.

Comment

Originally posted by IvanM View Post
        No problems IMO.
        At least your bike does it automatically, I still have to use the choke
        We paid for the great god Technogodly and we damn well expect him to work.
        Triumph Rocket
        Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
        XT 250 Yamaha
        SYM HD200
        SYM Shark 125

Comment

Any mods spags? Slip on zorst etc?

Comment

My 3 month old Street Triple R does this...particularly if I haven't ridden it for longer than 1 -2 weeks. I figured it was just the electronic choke trying to maintain an idle? Perhaps a characteristic of triple engines or Triumph ECU's?
            Ass is back on a Super Sport!!!

Comment

I would have thought it was electronic choke as well - but shit, my car doesn't do it. Bloke across the street, his R6 idles smoothly - mine's up n down until warm. Havent been riding with any other triples, mates all have jap 4s.

As for mods - stock exhaust, exup wired open, straight through race tune on it (so i've been told when it was done at 20k service). It gets ridden once every 2 weeks at present. Moved away for work again, so its lonley and not being ridden too often.

Another suggestion from other triumphrat forums was throttle position sensor needs re-settings, o2 sensor on the blink. Anyone had problems with them?

Comment

Working...
              X