Helmetlok - What are your thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmetlok - What are your thoughts

I have seen in a couple of different threads that some people are using these. I am looking at getting a few and I was just wondering how good are they? Are the strong, easy to break etc?

HELMETLOK AUS - Lock It, Don't Lose It!

Win Free stuff on Thunderbird Racing's Facebook Page

Great but won't stop someone cutting the helmet strap (which they do).
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Bloody good idea! i use a short cable type lock it is long enough to go through the chin guard! like Starry said the fuckers do cut the straps!
      I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
        Great but won't stop someone cutting the helmet strap (which they do).
        They really do that?? I have heard people say that but never met anyone who has had it done. Do people really walk around with knives and scissors in their pockets?

(waiting for Croc dundee joke)

Comment

i see it comes with the cable option! that would be good enuff to put through the chin guard!

Comment

Its meant to be for your jacket but it would work that way too.

Comment

it happened to my bro years ago! he had to ride home with no lid on!

Comment

I don't trust leaving my helmet out for Joe Public to play with. Who knows what they could do to it (or pour in it)?

I'd rather not come back to my bike and find someones used it as a convenient rubbish bin or spew bucket.
                A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.

Dear god, it's some weird bastardized three wheeled two person go-kart.

Comment

Very good device. Wife has one for vtr250. Vtr helmet holder is difficult to access.
                  Race #123

Comment

hmm, yeah i like the idea of locking my helmet up through chinguard. safer.

but i prefer to carry my helmet around anyway. chicks dig guys who ride

Originally posted by JAE View Post
                    Very good device. Wife has one for vtr250. Vtr helmet holder is difficult to access.
                    vtr helmet holder is shithouse

Comment

a lot of bikes don't come with helmet locks anymore! go figure?

Comment

Race #123

Comment

Really? i might try that!:grin:
                          Originally posted by huggy View Post
                          hmm, yeah i like the idea of locking my helmet up through chinguard. safer.

but i prefer to carry my helmet around anyway. chicks dig guys who ride

vtr helmet holder is shithouse

Comment

A mate in the UK, his helmet was used as a piss pot for some lout late at night - not worth the risk really. Most people here seem to admire bikes rather than piss on them - so they should too. I still carry the helmet everywhere, same as jacket.

Comment

I always take my helmet into wherever I'm going. I don't want some little tosser slagging in it...
                              '====
                              //`
                              -Magilla
                              They observe my perambulations upon my gyroscopically-balanced personal transportation device, and I perceive at my core that they have thus concluded that I am Caucasian, and, while intelligent, I am also somewhat socially inept. - Peculiar Alfred
                              Eligible to shadow R & R-E NOW

Comment

Working...
                              X