No announcement yet.

Is there any good twistys near Sydney?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any good twistys near Sydney?

Is there any good twistys near Sydney as I maybe moving somewhere around the rocks? Cheers

yes plenty north . south . west

Comment

Yes
      REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
      (anarchy in english )

Comment

The Rocks is in town.

You can always head up the Old Pacific Highway or head out west towards the Blue Mountains, Victorias Pass, Blackheath, or South through Wollongong and Kiama.

Plenty of good roads but believe that there a few cameras set up since I used to ride there.
        User contains traces of nuts.

Comment

Heaps but they will be a half day ride atleast. unless you live near Penrith along the escarpment
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Royal National Park, Putty Rd, Black Spur, Reefton Spur. Lots and lots of decent roads.
            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
              Heaps but they will be a half day ride atleast. unless you live near Penrith along the escarpment
              Horseshit. Old pacific highway = one hour out of town. I was there yesterday. My producer at work rides and says there's heaps of others within half an hour of the city.
              The Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                Black Spur, Reefton Spur.
                These are in Vic, not NSW. Although if you're riding over here you'd be crazy not to hit them up.

Bells Line, Old Pac, RNP, Putty, Wisemans Ferry... plenty to keep you occupied on two wheels over here.

Comment

d'oh, my bad, it's been a while
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Barfridge View Post
                    d'oh, my bad, it's been a while
                    Tool!
                    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                    Amen, brother. Amen.
                    My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

snowy mountains hway . some say the best bike road around . i agree . its great . and kangaroo valley. macquarie pass. robertson pie shop .plenty of twisty mountain roads

Last edited by fredie; 09-04-2011, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Owning a bike in the rocks is a good call, it's a pig of a neighbourhood to park a car in. Be aware that filtering in NSW is technically illegal although seldom enforced, and living right in the city you'll be tempted to do a lot of it. Speed limits are enforced, with 100 odd combined red light and speed cameras in Sydney. Be careful of your speed in town and you'll be fine. If you go up the most popular motorcycle roads on a weekend (Old pacific highway, putty rd, royal national park), expect the coppers to be out as well. The old pacific highway in particular has some gay ass speed limits on the fun bits.

You're going to love living here with a bike. If you're looking for a ride, make yourself known to Netrider and jump on here. I'm usually up for whatever's happening.
                        Originally posted by Archie
                        Give it the beans, before you redline release the beans, tap it up a gear, resume bean-giving.

Comment

I did Wisemans Ferry one weekend then the Blue Mountains after leaving Richmond and went through to Blackheath. They are some roads I wish we had over here.

As Cosimo said, dont speed at all in and around the city. There are cameras every where!!
                          Dont speed in tunnels!! (Until you learn where the cameras actually are)
                          While they have lots of fixed speed cameras, as far as im aware they have to have 3 signs before them. They dont have any suprise flashy flashy bushes over there just lots more actual coppers doing their job with radar guns.

Make sure you get an E tag too.
                          Holder of

Ningaloo 2012 'Nekminnit' Smoking Ace

Fuggin' BANG!!

Comment

Very excited about this thread, Fly over to my new job on wed in singleton NSW. Putty road had captured my interest. Hope to organise a few rides over there with the few people on here soon.
                            Just do it. Seriously, if you look up the standing rules of PSB it goes something like this.

1. Dont be a dick
                            2. Desmo is allowed to be a dick (sometimes)
                            3. Buy the one with the most Duke
                            4. Dont ask about fixing the search function.
                            etc etc..

Comment

Originally posted by spudda View Post
                              Very excited about this thread, Fly over to my new job on wed in singleton NSW. Putty road had capture d my interest. Hope to organise a few rides over there with the few people on here soon.
                              Singelton as in Singelton thats half way to Tamworth??
                              Holder of

Ningaloo 2012 'Nekminnit' Smoking Ace

Fuggin' BANG!!

Comment

Working...
                              X