Motorcycle immobilisers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motorcycle immobilisers

Hi, I'm interested in any one who has an immobiliser on their bikes and is it worth it? I'm thinking of getting one but actually have not met anyone who has one of these. It seems to be really rare around Perth.
    Be happy for any kind of advice.^_^

most modern bikes have these built-in from factory. What bike have you got?

Comment

That was what I was gonna say that they come fitted these days. I am looking also for an immobiliser for an old skool bike.

If I have one fitted mite make it harder for someone to steal or even deter them in the first place.
      Peace out

Comment

a honda CBF 07 model

Comment

Its easy enough to wire a hidden cut out switch somewhere into the ignition circuit. I used to do this with my off road bikes just to prevent someone pinching it when I was off the bike and leaving it unattended for a few minutes.

The problem is most bike thefts are done by wheeling the bike away and loading into another vehicle. Disc locks are a better solution.

Comment

disc lock with a alarm on it helps as when you forget you have it on they go off before you do damage lol
            I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

And the fact they have the habit of going off on thier own accord at random times of the morning.....

Comment

Scorpio alarms do a quality piece of kit.

Highly recommend them

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
                Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

When recently selling my old bike and filling out the transfer papers it reads that all vehicles must be fitted with an Imobilser by law. Does this not apply to motorbikes aswell ?

Comment

My z750 has an immobiliser.
                    Just part of the key

Comment

Does this not apply to motorbikes as well ?
                      I don't think so. My new Triumph doesn't have one. ...but it has a big ass Kryptonite chain and 2 disc locks.
                      “How people treat you is their karma; how you respond is yours.”

Comment

Originally posted by BlueyM View Post
                        Disc locks are a better solution.
                        I'm thinking these are a better way to go. Only problem is if you have enough storage room under the seat to put them there when riding I guess. Anyone have a problem with storing them?
                        Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Originally posted by Bramsy View Post
                          When recently selling my old bike and filling out the transfer papers it reads that all vehicles must be fitted with an Imobilser by law. Does this not apply to motorbikes aswell ?
                          Motorbikes do not require a immobiliser. I looked it up when buying the current bike as it didn't have one fitted.

Comment

See Dubs for a SPY alarm with immobilizer. $75 (or thereabouts) and easy to fit.
                            Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                            1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Or call Roo Racing, one of the sponsors, and ask Alex to fit it for you...if you don't have the time, skill or tools to do it yourself.
                              All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                              #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                              Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Working...
                              X