Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a R-E licence cover as a R class permit ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a R-E licence cover as a R class permit ???

Hello all

I have been offered to go on a ride with a group of friends tomorrow and using one of there bikes ^_^, I can't find my R class learners permit but am I still able to ride a bike larger than a 250 as long as I have a L plate and that I'm being shadowed. I have done more than 2 years on the 250 as well.

Cheers for the info in advance

I am trying to find it out on here but they don't seem to answer my question Licence to ride a motorcycle >250cc

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I posted a link on this topic 18 months ago to settle the issue. http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...0/#post1727529

The link ended all argument, and made it clear that you didn't need a learners. But now they have deleted it, and all I have left to show for it is this file.

If they remove a law from their website, does the rule still stand?
        Attached Files
        Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

Yes you can cos you don't need an L permit till you are going for your test, but as you actually have gone to the trouble of getting as permit then are meant to ride to the rules on it i.e. carry it around.

I guess you got the permit over a year ago before they changed the ruling on L permits for R learners

Comment

Back in 2009 when I was test riding bikes. JCS, Causeway Kawasaki and 5 star used my RE Licence as a learners for a R class. There were no questions asked. So long as you have an L plate and a shadow, you should be fine.
            Holder of

Ningaloo 2012 'Nekminnit' Smoking Ace

Fuggin' BANG!!

Comment

Originally posted by darkfibre View Post
              I posted a link on this topic 18 months ago to settle the issue. http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...0/#post1727529

The link ended all argument, and made it clear that you didn't need a learners. But now they have deleted it, and all I have left to show for it is this file.

If they remove a law from their website, does the rule still stand?
              That is abit old but i do remember hearing something about that you can when i was learning last year on for my full licence

Comment

Also an better solution, go and get your R class The test is piece of piss and its so much better not worrying bout L plates, shadows and the like.
                Holder of

Fuggin' BANG!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
                  Yes you can cos you don't need an L permit till you are going for your test, but as you actually have gone to the trouble of getting as permit then are meant to ride to the rules on it i.e. carry it around.

I guess you got the permit over a year ago before they changed the ruling on L permits for R learners

Originally posted by BLU3Y View Post
                  Back in 2009 when I was test riding bikes. JCS, Causeway Kawasaki and 5 star used my RE Licence as a learners for a R class. There were no questions asked. So long as you have an L plate and a shadow, you should be fine.
                  Thankyou all

I knew it but i thought i might check first incase anything has changed, I did get my L permit less than a year ago so they should have that on there record

Comment

Originally posted by BLU3Y View Post
                    Also an better solution, go and get your R class The test is piece of piss and its so much better not worrying bout L plates, shadows and the like.
                    Will do but it all depends on money at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmember View Post
                      Fair call mate
                      Holder of

Fuggin' BANG!!

Comment

Thankyou all

I knew it but i thought i might check first incase anything has changed, I did get my L permit less than a year ago so they should have that on there record
                        Yeah, but one of the conditions on that L permit is that you must have it on you. I don't think a cop is going to be a cunt about this issue though. I'd say you'll be fine!
                        Drink all day, play all night,
                        Let's get it poppin'.
                        I'm on my Yammie, bitch!

Comment

Hang on.

If you have a RE license, you can put on an L plate and get a shadow and without any extra permits learn on a big bike.

However

If you then apply and obtain a R class learners permit, the law requires you to have it with you when learning.

Just because the law reads it that way.
                          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

IF you can afford to possibly bin a mates bike with no insurance then paying under $100 to get you R's is more than affordable....

Comment

How would he not have insurance chris? if he has a learners permit (and following the rules within) and the owners permission he is allowed to operate the vehicle, and should be covered by the owners insurance (depending on the policy)

Comment

Working...
                              X