Whats the story about riding home if your helmet gets stolen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the story about riding home if your helmet gets stolen

Was just wondering what would happen if you got caught riding home not wearing a helmet because it was stolen.

Usually take mine everywhere with me but I had to leave it on the bike the other day which is what made me think of this.

I did do a search but couldn't find anything relavant.

Thanks
    Rosco
    Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

think you still need helmet stolen or not
    I HAD A BREEZE UP MY SHORTS AND IT FELT LIKE CHRISTMAS!!

Comment

Can't see it holding any weight if the cops pull u up, my lock broke that secured my helmet once, so I left my bike till I came back the next day to ride it home with another helmet.

Comment

Never even thought about this.
        Would like to know what the legal stand point is. Guessing you need one either way.
        But how would u go about talking your way out of it if you got caught.
        A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

Comment

Are you wearing a helmet?

If not, you will get done for not wearing a helmet. I dont think it gets much simpler than that.

Comment

Be a little scary riding without a lid on wouldn't it?
            I'm pretty sure it's 100% illegal to ride without one regardless of reason.

Comment

post on PSB and some one will ride your bike home whilst you get a taxi
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Do you value your bike more than your numb scull?
                Women are like parking spaces. All the good ones are taken and all that's left are handicapped.

Comment

Was only wondering.

Don't know if I would actually do it considering the quality of drivers that appear in the name and shame thread.
                  Would probably be a magnet for them if I even attempted to do so.

Thanks everyone for your replies

Comment

Im sure if it did happen, someone would lend you a lid. I know I would.
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I doubt there is a legal stand point on it. Not wearing a helmet is plain and simply not wearing a helmet , regardless of wether it was stolen , lost , caught on fire or eaten by your dog. Catch a taxi to the nearest bike shop and get a new one , call a mate or a tow truck.

Comment

The legal standpoint is you have to wear a helmet. But since you don't seem to be too concerned about the possible consequences vis-a-vis road traffic accidents, here are some other reasons to wear a helmet:

1. Concealed appearance whilst committing felonies
                        2. Protection against US government mind control satellites
                        3. Impersonate British television personality (The) Stig
                        4. Impromptu salad bowl
                        5. (Adherents of pre-Christian Celtic religion only) Sense of security against sky falling
                        PFLB
                        Inactive Member
                        Last edited by PFLB; 11-04-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SzyCo View Post
                          Be a little scary riding without a lid on wouldn't it?
                          No.

Originally posted by SzyCo View Post
                          I'm pretty sure it's 100% illegal to ride without one regardless of reason.
                          Not unless you got an exemption a few years ago. They don't hand over exemptions any more.

Comment

Originally posted by PFLB View Post
                            The legal standpoint is you have to wear a helmet. But since you don't seem to be too concerned about the possible consequences vis-a-vis road traffic accidents, here are some other reasons to wear a helmet:

1. Concealed appearance whilst committing felonies
                            2. Protection against US government mind control satellites
                            3. Impersonate British television personality (The) Stig
                            4. Impromptu salad bowl
                            5. (Adherents of pre-Christian Celtic religion only) Sense of security against sky falling
                            I came here to drink milk and kick arse... And I'm all out of milk

Comment

Thanks again everyone.

To those of you who have said I'd be silly to do so

PFLB

The legal standpoint is you have to wear a helmet.
                              fuzzy

Do you value your bike more than your numb scull?
                              your right I would be but as I said before I was just wondering.

Really just wanted to know about the legal stand point and what I thought
                              was correct.

The tow truck option I had thought about and Bramsy idea is a good one if the shops
                              are open but I hadn't thought about the rescue thread for a loan helmet or
                              someone to ride the bike home for me.

Once again thanks for the info and suggestions

Comment

Working...
                              X