Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max distance - posted speed limit

Good people.

So I got a nice (luckily) little pineapple on Sun. My bad, 16 over. My issue is - 16 over what? Kargoditch (or however you spell it) I now know is 90. Whilst ignorance is no defence, I was seriously surprised to see the discos light up when I sauntered past our enforcement brothers. We'd been pulled over doing some running repairs and when I glanced at the dials I thought '100 or so, seems about right, haven't seen a sign for ages.' Na, according to the nice sergeant. It's a dangerous road you know.

So - mr Main Roads. What is the max legal distance twixt posted limits? If they're going to be enforced, I'd like a sporting chance to know what they are please. Applies across many roads in Perf, I'm often guessing.
    Holder of

Team KL 2011. Round 3 - the biggest yet

Top part is 90 bottom part is 100 from memory.

Yeh somtimes you are left wondering re posted limit when you join a road part way, safest bet is to do the limit you were doing prior to changing direction.

So who needed repairs this time??

Comment

Bahaha! I refuse to answer that on the grounds he'll be embarrassed.
      Holder of

Comment

eh? it's a dangerous road? since when? dead straight for the most part with the odd bend and bump
        "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

The Australian Standards mention something about there always being a speed sign available when you join a road to let you know what speed it is (just a single sign). This is often not the case though - I tried to fight a similar case just South of Geraldton where I left Brand Hwy (100km/h) to try and pick a decent windsurfing spot on the beach, returned via a different road (which was 90km/h) and turned back onto Brand - there were no signs so I assumed it was 100 and set cruise control accordingly.

Got picked up for doing 99 in a 70 zone during a double demerits weekend.
          Gero cops were massive douchebags about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chief wiggum View Post
            eh? it's a dangerous road? since when? dead straight for the most part with the odd bend and bump
            It's dangerous as some side roads aren't visible, rider died on it late last year, due to a collision with a truck

Originally posted by Nickerz View Post
            Bahaha! I refuse to answer that on the grounds he'll be embarrassed.
            Tough titties about FC rules, post up

Comment

Fairing mount failure, nothing juicy Stoney

Anywho, post at the start of a road fine, but many K's further down? Partic a prob from side roads.

In the UK it's been common practice for years to post the limit on the back of static cameras. At least you know, and if you choose to gamble so be it.
              Holder of

Comment

Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
                Story.
                What stopped you from fighting it?

Not worth the time?
                Originally posted by Semi
                I ride slowly because I'm a massive faggot.

Comment

Fairing mount failure, nothing juicy Stoney
                  it did involve a weak bladder tho
                  Last edited by g0zer; 12-04-2011, 11:23 AM.
                  Originally posted by Bendito
                  If we get to a stop and we are missing a dozen bikes and you are last, it was your fault. Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by rcradical View Post
                    What stopped you from fighting it?

Not worth the time?
                    After breaking a bunch of equipment - and being a poor student - I didn't have the money to fight it properly, I sent a written complaint and they replied with

"All speed signs in the area meet Australian standards"

Just paid up and further increased my rage towards WAPOL

Comment

I was always under the presumption that a speed sign had to be erected at or as close as practicable to a side road joining a major road.
                      How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg.

Abe Lincoln

Comment

What with frantically scanning the roadside for speed signs, and desperately keeping an eye on the speedo in case it goes 2 km over - leaves precious little time to be watching the road.
                        www.mikepiriephotography.com

Comment

This is why I didn't alter my speed when I saw the patrol car. I thought I was roughly on the money rather than dashboard staring, clearly I wasn't. Lesson learned - hit the brakes regardless.

And this is where it creeps from 'fair cop' to 'could have exercised discretion'. Yes this road is dangerous, but surely nice mr sergeant exceeded the limit by more than me, and for longer, in turning around and catching up? Who's created the more dangerous/illegal situation?

Food for thought for minor infractions.

Anyway, post isn't about wapol but signage, or lack thereof.
                          Last edited by Nickerz; 12-04-2011, 01:31 PM.
                          Holder of

Comment

but surely nice mr sergeant exceeded the limit by more than me, and for longer, in turning around and catching up?
                            Stuck in first Mr Nickerz?
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Originally posted by =Stevo= View Post
                              "All speed signs in the area meet Australian standards"
                              That is their standard answer. Often they don't though, as I found out when a company I worked for got sick of losing drivers to demerit points on a particular route. They raised a complaint and got that answer. Then they got their lawyers to find out what the standard was and it turned out that there were a couple of "not to standard" issues on the route. It was too late for the drivers that had already been pinged but it did force them to upgrade to the standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X