Anzac Day in Albany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anzac Day in Albany

Anyone heading to the Albany dawn service this year?

So on the eight day, after wasting time faffing about with unimportant guff like heaven & earth & the waters & sky & creatures [& having a wee kip] & man.... God created PSB (GenesiSX-R1000)

I am planning on it , little miss 6 is planning on ruining my plans.
    I need a counter plan.
    When is the 100th anaversary ???
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

This year will be the 96th

Comment

for those that don't know, Albany was the location of the very first Anzac day in Australia !

Comment

will be in Pemberton for Easter, so will miss the dawn service in Perth :-(
          so should be a quaint gathering in comparison this year, better take the wet weather gear

Comment

Originally posted by Tex View Post
            for those that don't know, Albany was the location of the very first Anzac day in Australia !
            also ... The first and second ANZAC convoys (these convoys were made up of Aussie, Kiwi, Chinese and Japanese ships) left from Albany, Albany was an important coal and watering port before troops were deployed for training in Egypt and then on into battle against the Turks at Gallipoli.

Comment

I don't actually have any plans for this years as yet. May be worth doing the drive/ride down and seeing my first anzac day down there.

Comment

Very possibly. I should he in Denmark, just sorting out details now.

Comment

I'm planning on heading down that weekend too. The Albany service is nice. The brekky at dylans after is decent too.
                  Originally posted by TurboR1
                  Herpes. Nature's sherbet.

Comment

Recall reading a plaque at the Shrine of Rememberence, it stated that the board walk there was to signify the troops boarding the ships from the wharf at Albany, for many, their last time on Australian territory.
                    "It moved"

Comment

Cottesloe Council have a few old photos of the ships in King George Sound and Princess Harbour in their offices. These arent them.

They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Not heading to Albany this year but I have marched there before. It is a good dawn service and march, especially when you take into account the history as per previous posts. Would recommend it from my experiences there

Comment

I could be tempted to ride down...I'll look at the plans others may have in store and go from there.
                          Thanks for planting the seed. :-)
                          All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                          #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                          Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

Interested - not having been to a dawn service before plus the significance of Albany to the ANZACs
                            Originally posted by lee
                            motherfucking *facepalm* at half the stoopid motherfuckers in this thread not getting the point

Comment

Possibly. I'll probably be in Albany then, but it depends on what my friends are doing.
                              >>I like to play with snakes<<

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny...'" - Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                              X