Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear - Plz Help

Hi all,

I am new to motorbike riding, I have just bought my first bike (VTR250) and was wondering about protective gear. Would a resident guru be able to give me some advise on some good gear? I don't want to send myself broke, but I am happy to fork out a bit of cash - just incase i do fall off.

I was looking at spectra jeans (better than kevlar apparently), is this a good way to go? Any advise on this, or choosing gloves and a jacket would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

What's your budget for gear?

Comment

howdy shaun

Ill start you off

Clicky

Comment

I don't really have one, but I was thinking around $100-$150 for pants. around $100 for gloves. maybe $300-$400 for jacket.
        If there is something really good that is a bit more i am happy to pay more.

Comment

Check out Pit Stop motorcycles in North Perth - plenty of cheaper gear there, great place to get the basic helmet / gloves etc

For the more pricey stuff - order on line - I just got boots, gloves and jeans for $280 inc delivery from the states, worth $450 in the shops here - from RIDERS DISCOUNT: Motorcycle Accessories, Motorcycle Helmets & Gear
          Also check out Motorcycle Parts, Discount Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Gear, & Motorcycle Accessories | Jake Wilson and Superbike Toy Store - Fast, Reliable Service and Great Prices - even Ebay US.

2-3 week wait though

Comment

hi shaun ............ welcome to PSB

if your looking at brand new I would go alpine star winter gloves , with the kevlar knuckle protectors .... SP's are a good brand , something like this ...

HELMET: maybe a new HJC brand ..... there mid ranged priced and very good quality

BOOTS and JACKET : you have a great selection at most of the shops , just depends on what price you can afford ...

BUT if your budget is alittle low , you can always go second hand,by buying off the forsale section in PSB ... alot of guys gear are well looked after and well priced, people on hear just upgrade and there old gear is fine ...

PANTS : draggen jeans are fantastic

oz
            WARNING : this old dog bites !!

WARNING : BEFORE YOU THREATEN FIND OUT MORE ABOUT YOUR OPPONENT !!

Comment

I have some gear that may interest you.
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...r-sale-126062/

Comment

The Apline star range would be my choice.
                Head to one of the shops here and see what you like, then order from Superbike Toy Store in the US as they are much cheaper. You can generally get a good deal by saying you are from PSB

Comment

I would only buy a helmet new and look for all other gear secondhand you should be able to find things alot cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendo600 View Post
                    I would only buy a helmet new and look for all other gear secondhand you should be able to find things alot cheaper.
                    And in saying that, I would also get my helmet from Aus as opposed to US or something.
                    Want it to comply with Australian standards

Comment

Thanks all for you suggestions. I got my helmet already from one of the shops on Albany Hwy, when I bought my bike.

Comment

Head off to the Manheim Fowles sell off tomorrow morning at 8am, it's on Grogan Rd, Forrestfield, just off Abernathy Rd. THere's meant to be quite a bit of stuff for sale, someone posted up a thread for it this morning

Comment

Working...
                        X