Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Is The Most "Stupid" Damage You Have Done To Your Bike..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Is The Most "Stupid" Damage You Have Done To Your Bike..?

EvilDwarf
    Last edited by EvilDwarf; 01-02-2012, 04:05 PM.

rattling 'round the exhaust???
    There are two questions in life.
    1:Which way do I go
    2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

put a hole through top of the piston in my old XLX250. rebuilt the top end, but failed find a piece of piston which had made it's way into the crankcase. like ED, i found it within a short time of starting the bike the first time......kinda hard to not notice the counter-balance shaft hanging out the front of the crankcase
      "I think she's kinda sweet...but she makes her living catching cum in her mouth and i'm sensing that's a problem with you"

Comment

Behind your ear

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmember View Post
          Behind your ear
          I lol'd

But good thread.

Comment

Pulled up at some lights on an off ramp put the bike in neutral lent over to tuck my shoelaces in my shoe so as not get them wrapped around my shifter, unbeknown to me i tilted my foot forward and just clicked it into first...... STALL no hands on bars bike goes over $70 later I have a new indicator..... Sad face
            Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
            Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
            In the backroads as it is on the freeway
            Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
            And forgive us our lanesplitting
            As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
            And lead us not into gravel corners
            But deliver us from hand-held radars
            For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
            Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

Lifting bike on to rear stand when not paying attention, bike wasn't lined up correctly, = scratches on the swing-arm.. Not the smartest thing I've done.
              :stupid:

Comment

Well it wasn't damage- but my boyfriend's headlights gone He thinks the solder's died.
                Thankfully I'm a loving girlfriend, given his bike a safe place to sleep tonight, and given him my car.
                He tried to make his pipes sound good on his W800 by drilling a hole into something. Sounded like shit- he's getting new exhausts made up now....
                Silly billy.

Comment

Picked up my new bike in the van a year ago and released the straps and I didn't have the side stand down so the bike went over and hit the side of the van and put a nice big dent in the tank that was followed by a me swearing

Comment

Lifting with a rear stand for the millionth time missed one bobbin and put the bike on it's side, luckily it caught on a shelf in the garage so the damage was minimal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
                    Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
                      Well it wasn't damage- but my boyfriend's headlights gone He thinks the solder's died.
                      The solder has died?

Comment

nearly finished my rd250 resto and was getting bike off lift, undid one strap and while balancing the bike with my chin undid the other, bike starts to fall towards me and I guess i made the decision to break it's fall, took me five minutes of calling the missus to get me out from under it , with fuel spilling out of the petrol cap breather I thought "shit I am in that final destination movie and death's coming to get me"!

No scratches on the bike.
                        There are two questions in life.
                        1:Which way do I go
                        2:Whats the lap record.

Comment

After 3 months in storage started a CJ360 I had and went for a ride. 10 minutes later I remembered I had drained the oil while it was in storage
                          You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

During the process of oiling my chain, i was lazy and didnt use the rear stand so i had to move my bike bit by bit. Accidently pushed the side stand while moving bike forwards and when i rested the bike on the stand, the bike had a lie down on my foot. Hardly any damage, but i did have to get a neighbour to help me lift bike up
                            I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

First time I rebuilt a motor and was checking valve clearances.
                              Turned the crank by hand to measure the next lot of valves.
                              Some of the clearances looked a little excessive. About 5mm excessive.
                              The cam timing way out, and I had driven 4 of the valves into the piston, and bent them to buggery.

Live and learn.
                              Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Working...
                              X