Signal Tripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signal Tripper

Hey guys, any knowledge on this piece of equipment?

http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=234&1=273&3=177

What you think?

Re: Signal Tripper

Hey guys, any knowledge on this piece of equipment?

http://www.tricktape.com/product.asp?0=234&1=273&3=177

What you think?
    just stop in the grrease strip dude .. geez ..

its just a magnet yeah ??
    Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

That thing sounds like a good plan.. I'm sick of sitting at some intersections and it not working.. then taking the chance and running the red and then getting pissed off that I had to run a red so I run lots of reds. This will fix it all. Either that or remember where not to turn at intersections.
      Right now Im having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think Ive forgotten this before.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if a magnet from an old speaker would do the same thing...

I might try that...
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Who on the forum used to work for main roads? There was posting a couple of months back about this.. FireStorm's nick comes to mind..

That's all it will be, just an interruption of the electron field.

Maybe one of those small marine magnets .. the really powerful ones.. they'd prolly do it. You might have to have the positive end facing up or down.. might make a difference too, [shrug]

Be interesting to find out if it works though so keep us posted (scuse the pun)
          mmmmm sacrilicious

Comment

I believe dipping your high beam sets the loop off as well. The increase off current though the bikes wiring emits a magnetic field, which the loop picks up. It’s the change that doses it not just having them on.
            Or just rolling back and forward over the loop works.
            A good source for strong magnets are old hard drives, I need a screwdriver to get the ones off my fridge. It is a sound theory
            Never argue with a idiot they bring you down to your level and beat you with experience
            Such is life "Ned Kelly"

Comment

You might have to have the positive end facing up or down.. might make a difference too, [shrug]
              Nah, that souldnt matter coz its coil of wire in the road that will pick up the change in magnetic flux creating a charge that it sends to the lights to switch colour. THe polarity if the magnet wont make any differance. Just make sure that on if the pole is pointing down to increace the magentic flux (which is measured in Webers) crossing the coils of wire in teh road

(\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(")

Comment

Bullshit,Crap and Roadloops

Magnet power or strength is measured in guass not "Webers". Weber's theory states that all magnetic substances are composed of tiny molecular magnets. Any unmagnetized material has the magnetic forces of its molecular magnets neutralized by adjacent molecular magnets, thereby eliminating any magnetic effect.

As for magnets on bikes. Any piece of ferrious metal, preferable a long strip will be better than magnets, Just mount it on the inside ot the lowere fairing and she will be apples
                If at first you don't succeed, Try Lemons

Comment

weber IS the unit for magentic flux in SI units using the mks system
                  Gauss IS the units for magentic flux using cgs

1 Gauss = 0.0001 (x10-4) weber

(\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(")

Comment

McFuck did we all need to learn that much about magnets.. now you got me reading about them on the frigin net.

Comment

cgs vs Si

Ok, Now lets start on Tesla and his works on how to have fun with magnets and coils and lots of volts and...........

Comment

tesla is the units for Weber per square meter

hehe.

My physics teacher made his own tesla coil when i wasn in yr 12. (4-5yrs ago).

Man dat shit was cool.

You turn it on and wals up to it with a fluro tube in your hands and it turns on :shock: :shock:

*heavy brathing*

"Luke, i am your father"

(\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(")

Comment

arrrrrrrhhh the old 9v and the car coil trick i had a mate that held on to it for 3minutes. i could last a measly 3 seconds. has anyone ever put that on the nuts.....

Comment

Hey TRX 8-fiddy, whats with the he he ??

Nikola Tesla was the Serbian inventor who had many patents including the tesla coil trasformer.

Nature and Nature's laws lay hid in night:
                            God said, "Let Tesla be", and all was light.

B.A. Behrend, AIEE annual meeting, New York City, May 18, 1917.

Comment

arrrrrrrhhh the old 9v and the car coil trick i had a mate that held on to it for 3minutes. i could last a measly 3 seconds. has anyone ever put that on the nuts.....
                              Youse guys are mad... that stuff can kill ya.... :shock:
                              Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

Working...
                              X