Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it worth buying helmets from overseas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth buying helmets from overseas?

Hi all. Was wanting to get a couple of new helmets and was wondering if anyone can tell me the best and cheapest option. I know the ones I want. Is it worth buying American? and how? Or is it better from the East? Or is local best?
    Lets ride....

Imported helmets won't have an Australian Standards sticker, which may or may not be a concern for you. Lots of discussion has gone on about it.

Here is a thread we prepared earlier for you; http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...ubject-114733/
    Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

if ur not bothered about them not having the australian standards sticker on them (the law hates this so don't get caught), then buy as many as you like. other wise yes they are illegal.
      Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
      Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
      In the backroads as it is on the freeway
      Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
      And forgive us our lanesplitting
      As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
      And lead us not into gravel corners
      But deliver us from hand-held radars
      For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
      Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

if it dosn't have the aus standards sticker it will explode on impact

Comment

Please yourself, 4 of mine have the sticker, a couple don't, they are all the same make and model, I just wanted a colour that they didn't sell over here.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoneville View Post
            Please yourself, 4 of mine have the sticker, a couple don't, they are all the same make and model, I just wanted a colour that they didn't sell over here.
            haha copy the sticker and put it on the other helmets if they are all the same
            Originally posted by wattsie
            "He's hung like a moose and his name is Kloun" - Huggys mum

Comment

Personally, the helmet would the one thing i would want to get from Australia.

Comment

Thanks to all. Where do you reccomend buying a helmet from?
                Lets ride....

Comment

i get mine from superbiketoystore.
                  As long as you know your size, all good and their postage is fast

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlen View Post
                    Personally, the helmet would the one thing i would want to get from Australia.
                    Why do you say this? Is it just from the police/insurance legality standpoint? Or something else?
                    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by ctg View Post
                      Thanks to all. Where do you reccomend buying a helmet from?
                      i bought a cheap one at rocko honda haha... i thought it was an alright price... got a dark visor with it and it does the job well nice padding... good airflow...

EDIT: the one in my picture is actually an old police helmet... the one i refer to is black
                      Originally posted by wattsie
                      "He's hung like a moose and his name is Kloun" - Huggys mum

Comment

I get mine from the UK sent here in a couple of days, usually even with postage was $150 cheaper, not something I'm too worried about, it's just the colour/graphics that I want

Comment

Always get mine here, can't recommend their customer service highly enough
                          Street Bike : Helmets-Full Face - RidersDiscount.com

Comment

If you are looking local I recommend 5*, they are site sponsor and Mandie is gr8

Comment

Contact Peter Stevens in Melbourne. Just bought myself an arai One, my bf got a T2 avg one. Call them and ask them to do a deal. Just make sure you try some on first to make sure they fit properly.

I have a pretty big head (for a chick anyway) and I tried avg, shoei and arai and the arai fit the best. Make sure u get someone to check it's not too loose etc )

Comment

Working...
                              X