Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caltrops. Its the only way.

So I don't get wound up often.

I like to the think I'm pretty laid back.

But I'm over the bloody ignorant clowns that sit in the right hand lane when there are no cars to the left of them. It drives me insane when I see those same donkey fucking inbred morons pull up at the next set of lights in a three lane stretch of road and leave the two left lanes empty.

What makes these people trundle along keeping right? Its unnatural I tells you, its discourteous and the offenders should be shot.

But shooting people is against some convention drawn up in some joint that's too scared to fight what they believe in.

I've come up with an easy solution. I'm hoping no-one gets hurt, but if we knock a few off at least we're working towards survival of the fittest, cause those pricks in the right hand lane are the damned scum of the earth!

Caltrops. It's the only way.

I was actually told by an examiner that the keep left rule applies only to roads where the limit is over 60.

This was a few years ago, im not sure of the current situation.

Try Leftys thread for more answers to your rambling.
    My mum always used to say, when life hands you lemons "kill mob within spell duration with a soul gem of adequate quality for the mob's level to trap its soul"

Comment

Two words....

Perth.

Perth.

I realize that both words are the same but I feel it's such a critical point, it's worth mentioning twice.
      Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

Originally posted by redfern View Post
        I was actually told by an examiner that the keep left rule applies only to roads where the limit is over 60.

This was a few years ago, im not sure of the current situation.

Ferny baby! Usually you have a good grip on what is going on, but you seem to have lost a little focus tonight.

Originally posted by Harro View Post
        morons pull up at the next set of lights in a three lane stretch of road and leave the two left lanes empty.
        Not too many three lane roads I know are below 60 - but im being picky. Lets for the sake of argument, consider that a fair few roads out there that are dual carriageway (i.e. the kwinana freeway, Roe hwy, Tonkin hwy, Graham Farmer Freeway not to mention all those wierd roads up north) are over 60km/hr hey?

And theres no real point in getting peeved at people sitting in the right hand lane in a single lane road is there now? Loses a bit in translation.

Answers? Rambling? I need no answers Ferny baby. I have provided PSB with an answer, in a highly entertaining post, free from rumour and innuendo. I hardly think that constitues as rambling.

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
        Two words....

Perth.

Perth.

I realize that both words are the same but I feel it's such a critical point, it's worth mentioning twice.
        Heh, spot on. One clown in 4x4 that I passed tonight, after flashing him with my pass signal, decided to flash his high beams back at me after I overtook him on the left, something that you really shouldnt do.

Is it because a lot of Perth drivers have little understanding of common courtesy, or is it because they think they own the road and fuck anyone else who comes along?

Comment

So I'm not the only one who thinks this?!!

I've not driven/riden out of WA so I can only dream of what it must be like for others to drive on roads where the person next to them cares about someone other than themselves.

My kids are being taught what courtesy and hard work both mean, because today's generation don't have a clue, and it's getting worse fast.

Comment

Originally posted by SzyCo View Post
            I've not driven/riden out of WA so I can only dream of what it must be like for others to drive on roads where the person next to them cares about someone other than themselves.
            You'll have to leave the country and go to somewhere where they get taught to drive, europe jumps to mind.
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

It really gets on my nerves this, hate it when people dont pull over. I normally sit in there right hand mirror as a hint to pull over, tailgating aswell. If they dont move, or dont at least look like they are going to move, then i undertake them, looking at them as i pass. But there is always that risk they move when your along side them. Shits me up!

And i learnt to drive/ride in the UK, where you have to keep left!!

Comment

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
                Two words....

Perth.

Perth.

Post of the year.
                Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                Originally posted by filbert
                it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

perth drivers need to learn to leave their ego at home, they're so obsessed with being out in front or maintaining their position that they forget courtesy and even road rules.

Yes he may be driving in the right hand lane at 96km/h in a 100km/h zone he may in fact even be an idiot, but tailgating with your high beams on then flying past in the left lane because he didn't understand your sign language or consider your existence worth justification by moving over for you doesn't prove you to be the better driver, did it actually cause you physical discomfort or put your life in danger being stuck behind him? Did it warrant the risky maneuvres for the next few kms cementing your position as the superior operator of engine driven conveyances ?

Leave the ego at home and driving and riding can be a pleasant experience for everyone.
                  Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Originally posted by Harro View Post
                    "werdz"
                    Whinge, whinge, fucking whinge. Move to Victoria then punk!

Or buy a bike and split like the res... oh
                    ^WHS

Comment

The tailgating (Not close enough to touch, but less than the 2 second rule), for myself, and sitting in their mirrors, is so that they know im there, I dont flash my lights at them, headlights are always on anyway. Depending on the car, its can be discomforting, the wind buffeting from some cars is annoying at freeway speeds.

I dont fly up there left at full noise, more so its making sure im past them quickly. I dont make it anymore riskier then it needs to be (undertaking on the left) If the person moves over when they see me, either before or after, happy days!

But back to the caltrops idea

Comment

I witnessed a full on road rage incident the other day. It involved a guy in his early twentys and a bloke in his late fiftys.

The young guy was in front doing around 70 in an 80 zone. I had just pulled out of a sidstreet in the truck and was doing around 65 when the young decided to drive level with me. I thought he knew me and was trying to get my attention, that wasn't so.

He then slowly moved ahead of me and in tow was the older guy no more then a couple metres behing him. Once the older boy got enough clearance in front of me he moved into my lane BUT then sped up and cut off the young guy, slamming his brakes on heard in front of him.

Well, they come to a red light and the young guy is out of his car and screaming abuse at the old boy, he then punches the old guys car and its on. I'm sitting in the truck at the lights in the left lane and these two are going for it on the median strip, a couple of cracks to the head and the old boy is on the ground with the youngen on top.

Crazy shit, but it gets better, the guy diagonally across from me comes speeding through the intersection, slams his brakes on and he's on top of the young guy by the time I get out of the truck to try and break it up. By the time I get back into the truck, there are two guys on top of the young bloke pinning him down. At least half a dozen other blokes come running over screaming at the young guy that the cops are coming and he's f*cked.

I drove back to the yard after that more courteously than I have ever done. Seriously, who needs that. OH and the young guy had his partner and young child in the car.

So, just be that little bit more courteous/patient people.
                        07 MV F41000R
                        09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
                        07 CBR 600RR trackbike
                        sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

No a violent person but someone deliberately endangers my wife and child like the guy in your story did, I probably do the same thing. Seriously why endanger someones life over the 2 mins extra it takes you to get somewhere. Worst part is the young guy was completely in the right. He was using the right lane as an overtake at the time and was "dropping 5" as advised by the all knowing government road gods.

Comment

Crie Baby
                            "It moved"

Comment

Whatever Shakie.
                              Originally posted by Melkor
                              The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

Working...
                              X