Exhaust spring attachment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust spring attachment

So i'm thinking of getting an exhaust second hand and i'm not sure if the guy has the spring attachment. IF he doesn't where can i get one?

Something like this

Thats a bit of an odd setup IMO normally you use exhaust clamps or have a slip together system held together with springs, a lot shorter and stronger looking than the one in the pic I might add. Kinda odd it has both you sure its needed?
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I would leave that spring off
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Thats of an earlier design for the pipe i think.

Obviously the spring goes where the red line is.

Don't have a close up but this is kinda what it looks like

Comment

So what is the "attachment" you are talking about ???????????/
          Women are like motorcycles, they should be ridden hard and kept well lubricated ...

Comment

The spring in that pic connected to the slip on. attachment might be the wrong term.

Comment

Ha ha, it already has clamps. If you're putting a gigantic spring onto it like that one, it's for decorative purposes. Like some Bosozuko style decoration. You may like to put a big airscoop onto your front mudguard, to get more air into your engine.
              Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

And that spring is extremely over stretched.

Comment

that overstretched spring is on a different design of the slip on as you can see in my pic with the red line theres a loop further up. i was just asking as since there was meant to be a spring there, i should put one there.

So is it possible to find those springs for sale?

Comment

Imagine when it lets go - twanggg!!!!!!

Originally posted by dimlight View Post
                    that overstretched spring is on a different design of the slip on as you can see in my pic with the red line theres a loop further up. i was just asking as since there was meant to be a spring there, i should put one there.

So is it possible to find those springs for sale?
                    Maybe from a trampoline factory.
                    Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Working...
                    X