Legal Discussion/ Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legal Discussion/ Help

Hi All, as part of an initiative of taking a stand against questionable enforcement practices, I am starting this thread to provide advice from legal documentation for anyone. I hope that armed with a bit more legal info, it will give motorists out there a better chance when standing up against the Police.

I am basing my facts on 2 pieces of document I have come across in my research so far

1. The Road Traffic Act (WA) 1974 - with 2011 reprint
    2. The Road Traffic Code 2000
    Two heads are better than one and two wheels are better than four

As a start, I have been reading up on lane splitting and here is what I found... Hope it helps people in future - If there are anyone familiar with the law out there please feel free to contradict me - I am not a lawyer just a layman trying to make a difference.

With regards to lane splitting:
    RTC 2000 S127: 127.
    Moving from one marked lane to another marked lane across continuous line separating lanes
    (1) Where a portion of a road is divided longitudinally by single, continuous lines, into 2 or more lanes, a person shall not drive a vehicle across any of those lines.

RTC 2000 S129
    129. Driving on or across continuous white edge line
    (1) A driver must not drive on or over a continuous white edge line on a carriageway unless subregulation (2) or (3) applies to the driver.
    Modified penalty: 2 PU

I beleive that at TLC intersections - the most they can do you for is S129 which has no demerit points whereas S127 carries 2 points the fine is the same. I guess S127 applies on continuous whitelines on the freeway etc.

Hope this helps the motorists there to save some points when face with the PoPo out there.

Comment

Originally posted by fortmax7771 View Post
      I am starting this thread to provide advice from legal documentation for anyone.
      Dude are you in the business of law? If you are, you should have come clean much earlier because self promotion is shat on in here.

Also dude you gotta settle mate, lane splitting has been thrashed to death and most of us are actually experts on the law surrounding it.
      Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Lane splitting has been well covered on PSB and is in the FAQ's

Dubs

Comment

hi mate

i am trying to get the guidelines to setting up speed cameras from WA police, but not having much success. I have the queensland and tasmanian versions, but cant come across the WA version. My querie is whether police are allowed to have a speed trap (hand helds) 50 metres in front of a speed change sign where two lanes merge into one (ie a freeway on ramp). Also i would like to get a hold of the australian standards document on handheld laser cameras (the new ones with cameras on them) so that i can find out about calibration and speed tolerances.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

It may be illegal, but that doesn't make it wrong

Comment

let it go bro.
              let it go.
              Can you help with foster care?
              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Causes too much stress if you go through life thinking of yourself as a victim.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoon View Post
                  Dude are you in the business of law? If you are, you should have come clean much earlier because self promotion is shat on in here.

Also dude you gotta settle mate, lane splitting has been thrashed to death and most of us are actually experts on the law surrounding it.
                  No I am not a lawyer - Please read my post more carefully - I am just a layman trying to set things right.

I just want to share any stuff I come across with everyone else here. Might actually help someone in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster 695 View Post
                    hi mate

i am trying to get the guidelines to setting up speed cameras from WA police, but not having much success. I have the queensland and tasmanian versions, but cant come across the WA version. My querie is whether police are allowed to have a speed trap (hand helds) 50 metres in front of a speed change sign where two lanes merge into one (ie a freeway on ramp). Also i would like to get a hold of the australian standards document on handheld laser cameras (the new ones with cameras on them) so that i can find out about calibration and speed tolerances.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
                    I am trying to find it too... Not much luck yet ..... There are a few websites that discuss this in much more detail... Speed Cameras - Speed Camera Locations speeding tickets speeding fines and delonixradars.com
                    fortmax7771
                    Inactive Member
                    Last edited by fortmax7771; 20-04-2011, 03:56 PM. Reason: Correction for website

Comment

I don't really want to say "use the search function" but dude - everything you're talking about has been covered a million times on this and every single other forum - you just have to search for it. It's not like you've had some amazing new idea, people have discussed these things in great detail before. Save yourself the effort and read whats already been discussed first, before looking for all the information again.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                        I don't really want to say "use the search function" but dude - everything you're talking about has been covered a million times on this and every single other forum - you just have to search for it. It's not like you've had some amazing new idea, people have discussed these things in great detail before. Save yourself the effort and read whats already been discussed first, before looking for all the information again.
                        I do not mean this to be a discussion site but an in fo sharing based on facts.... Are some of you PoPos around here cos everyone sure sounds very defensive.

Comment

Are some of you PoPos around here cos everyone sure sounds very defensive.
                          Somebody sounds like Internal Affairs.

*squint*
                          Originally posted by Melkor
                          The Saint is all over the answer like a Saint on a cupcake.

Comment

The only facts you should be concerned with is you got caught speeding fair and square in a known trouble spot.

Suck it up and take it like a man.
                            Originally posted by Desmo
                            Why be a cunt about it?

Comment

I do not mean this to be a discussion.
                              But the title of this thread clearly states otherwise? I am confused.
                              BREAKING NEWS!!! The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get Over It. Any complaints about how I operate, can be forwarded to 1-800-waa-wah with Dr. Sniffle reporting LIVE from Quitchur Bitchin!!!

I wonder what this is?

Comment

Working...
                              X