Anyone seen a muffler in Manning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen a muffler in Manning?

Lost a muffler at Manning, clsose to freeway going towards curtin.

I hit a massive pothole earlier today, must have shatered the bracket holding it to the footpeg and it just fell off. I had to get to UNI asap so didn't have a change to go back.

If onyone goes through there and sees it, a headsup would be good, I'm going back in a couple of hours to try to find it.

It is a ZZR250 can.

You seriously heard your muffler come off but kept going?

Comment

That's awesome, leave it off it'll sound like a beast it's a self moding bike
      When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
      Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

I know it sounds bad, but didn't have a chance. I was late for a test. UNI > muffler

Originally posted by Big_Dave View Post
        That's awesome, leave it off it'll sound like a beast

It sounds bad and it is embarrasing

Comment

That will buff right out
          Attached Files

Comment

Mid term tests suck. If you don't get to them there is no deferred test - so any unforeseeable event = FAIL.

Probably would have done the same thing and just kept going. Man it would have been loud and probably didnt help the stress levels either!

Oh and btw nothing has ever dropped off my Hyo! Must be the ZZR Krapasaki
            Its all good on Ducati's

Comment

Yeah, had no choice.

This kawasaki has had a hard life, a handful of drops, and almost 100.000km's on the clock, she has done alright. Yet to see a hyo with 100.000km's

Comment

Wasn't held on with glue by any chance was it
                It's 11PM, do you know where your pants are?

Comment

glue it back on, apparently it's easier than paying a trained professional welder to do it.
                  Originally posted by Abuse this
                  Get a load of this pussy, he wouldn't travel back in time to murder a baby.

Comment

Fkn No, not glue, you're doing it wrong. Use Sikaflex
                    Must be a Kwaka thing, mine keeps spitting fairing bolts... Still I'd rather push the ninja than own a Hyo

Comment

Originally posted by Sonik View Post
                      Fkn No, not glue, you're doing it wrong. Use Sikaflex
                      Must be a Kwaka thing, mine keeps spitting fairing bolts... Still I'd rather push the ninja than own a Hyo
                      1+ for the fairing spitting. I have lost countless bolts. Must use locktite!

I will try source another muffler from ebay hopefully, the old one is fubar, the midpipe is missing half of length.

Comment

Did look a bit banged up when I went past..
                        :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by Xuaxace View Post
                          That will buff right out
                          That's what you get for leaving shit in the road when you know it's come off.
                          We bitch and moan about tradies with unsecured loads, this isn't much better.
                          I'd be pissed off if I hit it.

Comment

+1 dropped parts can damage other peoples vehicles, good reminder to do a bit of preventative maintenance and prestart bike checks, i'm no angel i lost a chrome tip off the cruiser exhaust but it's something to learn from not pass off as bad luck.
                            Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

hmm what a bummer!

Still trying to figure out how an exhaust can fall off?

If you dont have any luck finding one off eBay let me know. I also sell exhausts etc..
                              www.ozzymotorcyclefairings.com.au
                              www.ozzyracefairings.com.au
                              http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f122/

Comment

Working...
                              X