Shoei TZ-X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoei TZ-X

I'm in the market for a new lid and from what I've read online the Shoei TZ-X is definitely the frontrunner. I'm wondering if anyone has seen one of these in any of the local bike shops coz I would like to try one for size before parting with my hard-earned. The couple of shops I checked didn't have it.

I've attached a pic in case it rings any bells. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Attached Files

Hi Steve,

5* in Hamilton Hill had a couple when I went there 2 weeks ago. So did Total Motorcycle Accessories in Vic Park. 5* is a corporate sponsor though so I always try to support the people that support PSB.

Comment

Thanks AMS! 5* is pretty nearby so will definitely check them out...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Comment

let us know the price of them

Comment

I went to get a new helmet about a month ago and yes Total Motorcycle Accessories had the TZ-X for, as I recall, $600 for a plain colour, $650 for one with a design on it. Excellent helmet, was going to snag one until one of the guys at Causeway Honda knocked down the price on an XR-1100.

Comment

Ended up ordering from these guys:

Motorcycle Accessories & Motorcycle Clothing Australia - Motorbike Accessories, Motorbike Parts, Motorcycle Clothes

At $555 they were a good bit cheaper than anywhere else I tried plus their service was good and they got it to me very quickly. Recommended.

Comment

I've been looking hard at these in the last week or so as they seem to fit me properly unlike the other 5-6 helmet brands I've tried.

Cheapest price I've managed to find is here: Shoei: TZ-X - Shoei - Helmets - Street - Product Catalogue - Pit Stop Parts & Apparel

If there was a way to do pickup and avoid the ~$20 in postage it would be even better

Comment

McCullock's in Vic park has that helmet in stock.
                All I've got and more for #294...RIP Chris Adley
                #158...RIP James Thompson

Originally posted by Ryanoceros
                Wooohoo !! Fucking 10/10 ride. Cheers for that Aari, you really conditioned my sphincter

Comment

So does Savage Suzuki in Midland.

Comment

shoei website australia are doing a sale on all helmets(average 15-27% off) and free shipping for the whole of may(only).
                    I am not advocating going to bike shops to try them on then buying online, but as i know my size anyway they seem a decent price to pick em up at.

Comment

Originally posted by Manda'rin View Post
                      shoei website australia are doing a sale on all helmets(average 15-27% off) and free shipping for the whole of may(only).
                      I am not advocating going to bike shops to try them on then buying online, but as i know my size anyway they seem a decent price to pick em up at.
                      That's Helmetwarehouse's website not a genuine Shoei one...Although I've heard they do deliver as promised.

Bikebiz also have the same prices.
                      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~Hunter Thompson

Comment

I went into Helmet House today, dude was going to do a TZ-X for $590 ...
                        Cully's do same helmet for $599

Unfortunately couldn't get a hold of the Minister of War and Finance about getting it there and then... Fit was beautiful though!
                        Tried all the Arai's and Shoei's they had, even Sharks and AGV. The Shoei felt soooo gooooooood! FOV was amazing compared to the Arai Vector 2. Was originally wanting to look at the RX-Q but they didn't have any in my size in stock

Comment

I got my TZ-X bloodflow from rick gills, and combined with a jacket for a discount. But if i saw one for $590 i would have grabbed it on the spot!!
                          Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.

"The feelings mutual so kindly fuck off"

Comment

I have a TZ-X bloodflow from helmet house for 590 too, and I sprung for an iridium visor.... and I had my bike wrapped to match it...

Such a nice helmet though. Happy with it in every way.
                            Originally posted by boeman
                            Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
                            Originally posted by Chuck Steak
                            Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

I brought one of these after dropping my shoei xr1100.

Nothing wrong with it but I would definately go back to the 1100. More padding and less wind noise I've noticed.
                              Still a goodhelmet though. Comfy as anything and not stifling. Only thing I've noticed is that due to lack of chin padding even with all the ventsclosed the wInd comes up under the helmet and makes it difficult to hear through the sena headset. People can't hear me through my mix as well as they could with the 1100.
                              Originally posted by DailyBanana
                              That little girl likes her pizza more than you like people

Comment

Working...
                              X