The dumbest noob questions you've ever asked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dumbest noob questions you've ever asked

This thread, http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...73/index2.html and many like it, have me thinking of all the stupid ideas I've ever had when it comes to motorbikes.

So what's yours? I know there are some wise people here who didn't start out so wise!

(PS: 'Yours' = the ones you thought of, not the one your second cousin's third brother's neighbour's dead wife read on snopes.com)

Mine:

2001: "Hey, I've got this FZR600 but it looks old and tired, can I change the suspension to jack it up so it looks more modern?" (Answer: Yes but don't because it will fuck your handling, spend your time servicing the forks etc instead.)

2003: Hey, this CBR needs more flush-mount indicators. (Result: Horrible holes in fairing, ineffective, ugly, irritating indicators and me going back to the stock units about 6 weeks later.)

Any others?
    The Twitter

Spending far to much money building a motard...

Only to strip it down sell everything off and buy an SXV550...

You live and you learn...

Comment

Not enough room on the server for all my acts of stupidity.

In the beginning, decided to oil the chain on my SR250 the same way I was told to oil the chain on my push bike. Take it off and soak it in oil. (At lease I didn’t use cooking oil). Then went for a ride, proud of my handy work.

It took me ages to clean the oil off every thing, and I never got it out of my jeans. Every bike I have had since then has had a shaft.
      Under height, over weight and opinionated
      Engine oil and new tyres are cheaper than new bikes and time in hospital

Comment

I think you guys are failing at the basic meaning of the word "Question".

Comment

lobes, in my sig

followed by a "what do you think ?" ^_^ Me: "I think your doing it wrong "
          When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be AWESOME instead. True story.

Originally posted by lobes89
          Yea I like the bike but it's hard to get my foot under the brake lever

Comment

Yeah...we are following Resists lead...

He fucked it first...

Comment

It's true, I did - re-title coming.
              The Twitter

Comment

Mine when starting out.

Can I turbo a GSX250?

Can I put a 400cc Motor in it?
                You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

What the hell? I can't find the 'edit' button on the original post, but I can on my comment.
                  The Twitter

Comment

Can now only edit threads within 15 minutes of posting them.

Comment

Oh crap. In that case, disregard title, insert "Dumbest noob question/noob mod" instead.
                      The Twitter

Comment

What kind of oil do you use on your chain? Mechanic- Chain oil.
                        Who knew?
                        Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

I think I just asked it then. What's TBA?
                          To Be Advised... Durrr.
                          and I've asked a bunch of really stupid questions to do with bikes...thankfully my dad and boyfriend were nice about it and explained it for me without laughing in my face

Comment

10 months ago...

Why do you want to ride on windy roads? I hate the wind!!

Comment

Working...
                            X