Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy tyres

Hey all,

where is the best place to buy tyres these days ? Worth looking overseas with the Aussie dollar being strong at the moment? If so anyone recommend a reliable site?

I need 2 new tyres for the GTR1400, I cannot believe I only got 7000km out of the front tyre considering it doesn't spend as much time on the ground as the rear But there again the GTR is a heavy beast. Been reading the Michelin Pilot power & Pilot Road as the way to go but where to buy..

Cheers

Motorcycle Parts, Discount Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Gear, & Motorcycle Accessories | Jake Wilson
    Originally posted by polonY
    Don't worry about shitting people off. Unless you ride a ninja 250 or a cbr250rrrrrr

Comment

Here are a couple of threads about this....:

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...es-usa-110952/
      http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...re-buy-125080/

Comment

I've always gone with Tyres for Bikes in Vic Park.

they fit them for you, and the service is really good.

i hear their prices compare well too...

Comment

Originally posted by huggy View Post
          I've always gone with Tyres for Bikes in Vic Park.

they fit them for you, and the service is really good.

i hear their prices compare well too...
          Not to Jake Wilson. I got a set delivered, then fitted, for half the price of a fitted set here.
          If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Jake Wilson looks like the way to go, I think I will order 2 rears and 1 front for now to keep the shipping costs down Thanks for the info ppl I have no problem waiting for a week or so for them to arrive, will give me time to get the wheels off...

Comment

$250 for a zx6 dayum!! I'm nearly done on these current ones too.

Comment

im almost in need to buy a new rear for my R6 if i buy online and take my bike and new tyre into a shop will they fit it (obviously pay for it) or will they kick a stink because you haven't bought it from them? Also does anyone know roughly what they'll charge to get it fitted?
                RIP ADRIAN LEE
                16-12-1986 - 22-3-2007
                I had plenty of time to rub one out in space which was great but after awhile it was like living in a snowglobe - Peter Griffin

Comment

I'd suggest shopping around some shops are stinging people quite hard on fitting costs where others aren't too bad, stoneville also fits tyres for $20ea or $30 for a pair, as long as you don't mind balancing with ceramic beeds.

Comment

It cost me $50 from tyres for bikes to get a front and a rear fitted, bringing the tyres to them off the bike.
                    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Tires for bikes is where I go for the last 8 Years. I am surprised your front only lasted 7000k's. I have run Bridgestones on my ZRX and got 20K out of the front and 17 from the rear. Similar with the Pilot Roads.
                      Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
                      sigpic
                      2007 ZRX 1200R
                      1977 Z 1000 A1
                      http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

https://www.motomummy.com/store/home.php?cat=609

two tyres for the less then the price of one

Comment

i'd be making sure whoever fitted my tyres had insurance, incase something went wrong and you crashed, bikes broke, etc...

just saying.

Comment

I bought my last set from Jake Wilson, great price and received within 5 working days. Prestige honda in Myaree fitted them for $40 per tyre, can't recommend these guys enough great service and very helpful; even though I do not have a Honda
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            <Signature runat="server" cssclass="noob" datasource="InProgress" />

Comment

+1 for Prestige Honda, Myaree.

my mate highly recommends them for service

Comment

Working...
                              X