Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT250R or WR250X?!

Hey guys,

for the last few months i've had it in my head that im going to buy a gt250r when i pass my RE test, but recently i've been looking at Yamaha's WR250X, i know its quite a bit more expensive, but i can afford the difference. What i really want to know is, which is faster, which is more fun, which is more convenient etc.

Thanks
    "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
    Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Hyo will have a higher top speed...

WR will eat the Hyo off the mark...

You will learn to wheelie and stoppie on the WR...

You will have a bigger smile on the WR...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
      Hyo will have a higher top speed...

WR will eat the Hyo off the mark...

You will learn to wheelie and stoppie on the WR...

You will have a bigger smile on the WR...
      Plus higher resale on the WR (unless you treat it like mark00000000000000000002 does his)
      Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

^^ WHS

just look at what it is you really want to do with a bike. the hyo will have a higher top speed if thats your idea of fun, whereas the WR can be taken through the bush if your chasing some offroad fun too.

go to some shops, sit on them both and decide what feels best.

Comment

plus, it's a hyosung. Would you really want to be seen on one of those?

Comment

Wr all the way!

Ask crashlington an markmo.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
            Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Test ride them both and buy the one that isnt a hyo.

Comment

WR...
                -

Comment

I imagine you already know the answers to your questions, and this is yet another thread trying to justify to yourself a decision you've already made... And if we disagree with you, you'll promptly disregard our differing opinions. You know, like most of these other threads. Largely because of the questions you posted...

Either way...

As Rich said, the WR is faster on take off, the Hyo will be faster top speed.
                  More fun? The WR is better suited to shenanigans, but you'll find it less "fun" than the Hyo if you plan on riding to Albany and back.
                  From memory the WRs require relatively regular servicing, but will be less effort to service yourself than a Hyo as the fairings will come off easily. It is, however, far easier to steal, and more likely than not far more appealing to thieves than the Hyo. Around town/on short trips; they both have their ups and downs. I'm not sure what kind of practical range WRs have moving at constant revs with speeds over 90km/hr before they start overheating, but it doesn't tend to be a strong point of that kind of bike.

Then there's the matter of pillions, where you'll have issues with chicks either saying it looks cool but uncomfortable, or they don't want to be seen sitting on it.

Comment

wr, but I ride one so you get the usual crap about bias, rah rah rah...
                    That bitch took my dollar...

Comment

Thanks guys, i wanted a wr but i couldnt think of why it would be better than the hyo, thanks its a wr for sure now
                      "I remember the first time I got my knee down on a track, it was like the first time I put my winkle inside a girl, I just wanted to tell all my mates."
                      Keith Flint, The Prodigy.

Comment

siiiiick... we'll see you hopping curbs and stoppying like a madman in no time...
                        That bitch took my dollar...

Comment

Originally posted by Brute View Post
                          Plus higher resale on the WR (unless you treat it like mark00000000000000000002 does his)
                          wow fuck you :'(

I dont treat mine poorly, im just shit at riding.

Originally posted by Towlybear View Post
                          Thanks guys, i wanted a wr but i couldnt think of why it would be better than the hyo, thanks its a wr for sure now
                          Take one for a spin, you might not like the riding position or something about it, if you catch me on a LNR you can take mine for a spin, once its back together...
                          Project: Fix my tard! Now with extra reliability!
                          SupermotoWA on Bookface
                          You should go here and here, and definitely here.

Comment

Originally posted by mark00002 View Post

once its back together...
                            ahem.. cough
                            Please don't ask questions you clearly know the fucking answer to, you smarmy prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Towlybear View Post
                              Thanks guys, i wanted a wr but...
                              so in other words you needed someone to hold your hand and tell you it's alright? awwww, that's so cute :-)
                              gotta love these threads where people ask: ummm, please tell me what bike I should buy?
                              I'm looking for a beautiful woman with a sick mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X