Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reccomended front tyre

Im picking up my new 2006 gsx 750f on sunday
    Looks brilliant with the only fault being its due for a new front tyre.
    Any advice from those with more knowledge...around 90% of you ^_^

Something thats going to last but no shortage of grip !!
    Its a 120/70-17
    A rough price on what there worth would also be appreciated
    cheers
    steve

ps...pic below

michelin pilot road 3 excellent wet road traction and long treadlife, i'd replace the rear at the same time though since they'll wear pretty evenly and handle better as a pair.

Probably looking at $500 for a pair fitted around $200 for the front at a guess.
    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Thanks filbert....im happy to do both if thats the case.

Comment

ps.... Any bike shops in perth sell the gearsack bags
        To go on rack in pic !!

Comment

Lots of bags will fit on there, most shops have them, I own a Dryrider one that just slips over the upright bar and sits on the platform, would expect to pay $120-50.

As for tyres, we used to run Bridgestone BT022's for longer commute wear, now running Pirelli Angels, costing $265 a pair, plus $55 for shipping.

Have fun on the new bike

Comment

Stoneville where you get pirelli's for $320? just splashed out $550 for a pair of pilot roads, bloody beautiful but hope dont need to do it again in a hurry. Also how much to get them fitted

Comment

a few people get them from herejakewilson.com

thread about getting them from the USA here

and i think stoney fits all hers herself
              "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Jake Wilson online is good for price. I run Michelin Pilot Power on the front @ $85.00 plus shipping and fitting, although Michelin Power Pures are good for @ $115.00 plus shipping and fittting. I have been running a Power Pure on the rear, and the grip factor is great. Shipping is not pricy! @ $50.00 to fit at your local!
                Lets ride....

Comment

Unfortunatly i cant buy online...we got scammed years ago and the wife is hell touchy even tho ive told here there much more secure now.
                  Pity...that site has some great prices !!!
                  Thanks for the info on the bags as well
                  Last edited by stevo 1963; 29-04-2011, 10:39 PM.

Comment

it sounded like you wanted to buy local which is why i gave you the higher price, any bike shop should be able to help you out between $450 and $600 for a full set depending on brand and model and also how hard you twist their arm

bridgestone bt022 stoneville mentioned is a good long life tyre but in my experience not as grippy as a sports tyre but plenty of grip for a 750F, the pirelli angel ST will give you long life and sports tourer handling a pretty good match for your bike, the michelin pilot road 3 is more expensive but should give you the longest treadlife going by the pilot road 2 it replaces and it's definitely got plenty of grip.

i'm not a fan of dunlop and wouldn't recommend any of them, metzeler make some good tyres the ones i had on my VFR would suit your bike, shinko have excellent treadlife but frightening grip and handling.
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Correct...thanks again mate
                      I had bridgestone battleaxe many years ago.
                      I may stick with them but will see what the michelin go for.
                      Picked up a great buy tonight !!

Nolan red/white helmet...immaculate condition
                      Rjays jacket and schoeller gloves for $150..

So much other gear i want....love twin pipes !!!

Comment

sounds like u scored for $150, cheers for the link will check it out in 10k km. ssv Tyres for bikes in vic park pretty good if you want to go local, guy knows his shit and doesn't mess around, plus good pubs for a sneaky pint while you wait

Comment

Working...
                        X