Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best pants for cool weather riding and where the best place to buy them

HI there.
    I've only been riding for a couple of months and I got my first taste of colder weather riding on Thursday night on my way home from Northbridge at about 11pm

I have Jacket,boots and gloves for cold weather but no pants and my legs froze on the journey home.

My question is what do you think is the best pants to buy for general cold weather riding but pants I can also wear to a casual dinner or out to a pub/club when I'm just going out to meet friends for a couple of casual drinks and the obvious question whats the best local shop to buy them

Thanks
    Rosco
    Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

My pants are the best pants. No, you cannot get into them.

If you want to stay warm/dry and still look appropriate, consider a pair of PVC over-pants which you can just leave under the pillion seat when you don't need them.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Dale Britton ^^ has a pretty big selection, I have some thermal lined Moto Dry pants for when I go south in August/Sept. They are a pain to get on and off but are essential that time of year down south, I use the black PVC ones around town, can usually slip them on without even having to take my boots off and like CStarfish said they can fit under your seat.
      You can also get thermal lined jeans, but unfortunately don't know where from.

PS if your already complaining about cold in perth, wait a few months, and deffinately don't go down south in August/Sept (even the moisture on you're visor turns to ice)

Comment

Buy some thermals, I use these top and bottom in winter with just normal jeans, though I do put rain pants on if it's raining, seems to keep me warm

Comment

i just have a set of nylon dririder overpants for wet or cold they roll up to about the size of a football so not the best for stowing, but they block the wind and rain well and don't get hot as soon as the sun comes out, like the pvc they can be a bit slippery on the seat which may take some getting used to.
          Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

Yep, set of thermals under top and bottom, good thermals

Comment

Hadn't thought about thermals but that sounds like what I'm after. Will keep my legs warm. Will go check out Dale Brittons sometime next week.

Thanks Everyone for the advice.
              Rosco
              Don't even think about it. You know who you are.

Comment

I've got Next Gen Draggins. They seem to be fine in the cold mornings and they look like a normal pair of jeans

Comment

Originally posted by scotch View Post
                  I've got Next Gen Draggins. They seem to be fine in the cold mornings and they look like a normal pair of jeans
                  and with the Kevlar are quite thick as well aren't they?
                  I've had the same problem Rosco, and will probably invest in some thermals as my jeans don't cut it even on night rides in summer (don't have enough $$$ for Draggin's).... I get really cold really quickly. Now none of that "Go to the Kitchen, the stove'll keep you warm" crap...

Comment

Originally posted by Rosco327 View Post
                    Hadn't thought about thermals but that sounds like what I'm after.
                    Army surplus stores are great for them. Cheap and cheery, does the job just fine.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

Star Rider fully lined Kevlar jeans @ $139. Best fitting jeans I've owned and pretty good in the cool weather, speaking from experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      atoren

Comment

Originally posted by twigstarox View Post
                        and with the Kevlar are quite thick as well aren't they?
                        They are a bit thicker but because Kevlar is very flexible the jeans have an almost elasticity to them which make them very comfortable.

Comment

I've got the C-Evo Draggins (fully lined with kevlar). Never had cold legs, even when the rest of me has felt like it was in a freezer. Got them from Causeway Kawasaki at 15% off. They might still have them on sale.

Comment

jeans
                            hot or cool

+cold
                            jeans and thermals

+wet
                            jeans with waterproof over pants

Comment

Originally posted by imoXu View Post
                              jeans
                              hot or cool

+cold
                              jeans and thermals

+wet
                              jeans with waterproof over pants
                              My dad has a set of those over pants- bloody brilliant!
                              He was coming back from a long-ish trip, came home nice and dry
                              thanks for the extra info Scotch, never worn a pair I has no monies.
                              But I think I'll be investing in a pair of Thermals for the winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X