Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Installed a Scottoiler - No More Chain Maintanence!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Installed a Scottoiler - No More Chain Maintanence!

Hey just installed a scottoiler to my vtr 1000. Highly recommend them to all of you.
    it runs from the vacuum of the inlet manifold and comes with a host of different connections to suit majority of bikes.

check out scottoiler.com

V - POWERRRRRR

So what does it use for chain lube, do you have to buy a special can that fits into the system or do you refill it every few weeks?
    When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

it has its own special oil. get the hot climate one for Australia. The Kit Comes with all the bits and pieces to refill. all you have to do is keep the resivour topped up approx every 1000kms
      V - POWERRRRRR

Comment

looks like an awesome idea, I'm a bit forgetful with oiling my chain sometimes so something like this would be good
        Straight roads are for fast bikes - corners are for fast riders!

Comment

I've ran a Scott oiler for a few years now and use old 80W90 diff oil in mine with no problems. I mounted mine on the frame where its visible so I can keep an eye on the fluid level and top it up easily. (Bit worried if it was under the seat I would forget about it and run it dry). It's one of the best purchases I've made.

Comment

good to know about using diff oil. makes sense really. i agree best 200 ive spent!
            V - POWERRRRRR

Comment

I'm just worried about them being that close to the rear tyre, never had problems getting oil on the tyre?
              Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
              Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
              In the backroads as it is on the freeway
              Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
              And forgive us our lanesplitting
              As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
              And lead us not into gravel corners
              But deliver us from hand-held radars
              For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
              Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

you do need to be careful, you set the flow rate to a drip a minute. never had a problem
                V - POWERRRRRR

Comment

No prob with oiling up the tyre, as its only a few drops a minute although I found crossing the nullabour I had to reduce its flow as the sidewall was copping a bit of oil spray

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Comment

i've been trialing the tutoro chain oiler as it costs under $40 and i didn't know if i would like the scottoiler, it's got an 8mL reservoir and manual tap you have to remember to turn on and off but a top up with engine oil and one full turn on the tap it will keep the chain damp for a 500km ride, turn it on a bit more eg 1.5turns for extra flow in wet weather or dusty conditions to keep the chain clean and it's still good for 200+kms.

I prefer it to spray lube as you can see it staying damp and clean rather than building up a gooey grinding paste on the chain.

If you carry some oil for top ups, i use a sewing machine oil bottle, it makes it easy to lube your chain for a 1000km ride day without all the hassles of trying to roll the bike forward in stages or use the sidestand while spinning the wheel by hand while spraying etc.
                    Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

has anyone put one of these on a dirtbike. thinking about it for mine for enduro racing. just wanna know if its worth the effort?

Comment

i run the tutoro on my drz for dusty trails and it works well keeping the chain soaked so i can just rinse it off with the garden hose after a day on the trails.

There is an alloy canister type from a different company for dirtbikes with an alloy tube to feed the chain but it's designed to dump oil on the chain while you push the bike or spin the wheel by hand, but if you used it a few times a ride say every 50km or when you went through water it would have the same effect as drip feed it's a lot tougher than the road versions. Manual Automatic Chain Lubrication Oiler System by Mister Chain Lube, for all chain driven dirtbikes, motorcycles, ATVs, bicycles
                        Do you remember the good old days before the internet?

when arguments were only entered into by the physically or intellectually able.

Comment

never used one but know a few blokes with the Scott's on their bikes and they all swear by them. They do some serious miles, ironbutt kind of stuff, and they don't seem to have had any problems at all.

Comment

I fitted a SO about 3 years ago when I fitted my new chain and sprockets and have done ~30 000km's and only adjusted the chain twice very slightly, works great
                            About the only thing I may do is get the extra "Lube Tube" to hold extra oil to save filling it so often You do get a little fling accumulating on the rim but nothing worth noting on the tyre
                            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
                            Originally posted by Phildo
                            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
                            Originally posted by filbert
                            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
                            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

for those with the tutoro oiler. how strong is the construction. does the acrylic oil canister actually hold up to dirt bike/atv riding. looking at maybe putting one on my quad.

Comment

Working...
                              X