Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst pre-test jitters

Hey guys,

My test for my "R-E" licence is tomorrow morning at 7:55 am and I kid you not from Saturday morning till tonight every ride I have done has been shit, stuffing up on the most simple shit that I should be able to do so easily! The lesson I had yesterday was a complete failure, my instructor says that it happens to everyone and that I'm just having a shit day cause my test isn't to far away... Sigh I just wanna pass :s any advise guys?

Cheers!

Don't over think what you are doing and just breathe and relax. Worst case scenario you fail and you try again in a couple of weeks, hardly the end of the world.

Good luck!
    We are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride.

Comment

advise....chill out and relax....cause if you keep on like this then you are not ready to be out riding on the road by yourself....not being mean or cruel...just honest
      A site all parents should check regulary
      http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

Trust me its no abnormal...1 was the same many years ago.
        Did a lesson just before the test
        Instructor said i should wing it...no probs
        WRONG....i forgot to put the side stand up...took of and it nearly spat me off.
        Needless to say i failed before i got out the driveway at warwick.

Got it second time around..
        Remember hes just another bike rider ....
        Smile/breath and just have fun with it
        good luck

Comment

I had to do my R class test on a different bike to the one I had my lesson on the previous day because it had a puncture, trust me nervous was an understatement but when I started the test I just breathed stayed calm and.....passed, seriously just try to calm down it's the key
          Our Father, Who art at Phillip Island, Hallowed be thy name
          Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done
          In the backroads as it is on the freeway
          Give us this day our high-octane premium fuel
          And forgive us our lanesplitting
          As we forgive the four wheel drives, the volvos and the taxis
          And lead us not into gravel corners
          But deliver us from hand-held radars
          For thine is thy leather, thy denim, thy Gore-Tex and thy Kevlar
          Amen ORIGINAL POST BY DEB

Comment

That's why they have tests. Every time you ride a bike it is a test... a test of your handling, awareness, control, understanding of the road conditions and traffic. If you are nervous and fail your 'RE test' then consider it a saving grace. It may have saved your life because you may have just learnt something that saves your life or financial heartache in the future
            acegalaxi
            Last edited by acegalaxi; 01-05-2011, 10:10 PM. Reason: spelling
            Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

Comment

Thanks guys, trying to relax aye... I wasn't even this nervous when I did my car license :s

Comment

Just try to realise that you CAN do all the stuff, you've done it all before how many times, it's nothing new. And as somebody said, the absolute worst that could happen is that you have to re-take the test. Big deal. So nothing to worry about really. Just don't over-think and try too hard. Just let it happen.
                ** NEW! Chat with the G-Force on #psb (irc.gamesurge.net) ... Now to actually get some friends ... **
                "Lane Filtering is a spontaneous outburst of good sense in world smothered in twitchy and ever expanding safety margins."

Comment

Knock back half a dozen beers, watch the logies/Lord of the Rings/125s and wake up tomorrow and go do it.

It's not like there's anything else you can do now.
                  Originally posted by Ferris
                  I love how PSB has turned into "Dear Martha"

Figure shit out yourselves, retards.

Comment

I had a lesson on the day of my test, right beforehand and it was horrible. Worse then the first time I'd ever ridden a bike on the road. I almost dropped it doing o-turns, locked the back on every attempt at an e-stop and couldn't stay in any particular wheel track. Test came and I did everything right and passed with flying colours. Moral of the story being, you're gonna be shit scared but you'll probably still pass so don't let it stress you too much.
                    Originally Posted by Maxo
                    do people around you constantly wear their palm on their face?
                    to Butters

Comment

Popped a Panadene Forte before my RE and R test just to calm the nerves. Needless to say I did pass both times.

Comment

Have a few beers tonight, get a good sleep.

And some chamomile tea in the morning (don't laugh, it worked for me... failed the first time due to nerves).

Comment

It's not your TEE or losing your virginity.
                          Just relax, it isn't the be all and end all.

Comment

When doing your test, just go for a ride. they'll follow you, tell you where they want you to go, just watch out for bus stops and other no parking places where they ask you to pull over somewhere., as i said, just think like your going out for a ride, but remembering what ur instructor has taught ya. Follow the instructions and forget the examiner is behind you the rest of the time. If you make a little mistake, don't dwell on it, just continue on. I dropped my right foot pulling out of the licencing centre and stalled it when I went to pull in after my estop. I was crapping my self thinking I dont normally do this shit. But he kept giving me directions and all was fine, yeah point of here and there but it was all shit I just dont normally do - musta been the nerves, even though I was quite confident the morning of my test, it flt like it turned to shit as soon as I started but i was fine.
                            When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

The worst possible outcome is another test @ 70 bucks. Hardly the end of the world to get worked up about.

Nice casual ride on a day with beautiful weather and a navigator so you can't get lost. Just enjoy the ride and don't even think about it being a test.
                              The Bend

Hurry Up!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X