Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots!

Hey guys,

you probably get this all the time and i have been doin a little searching.
    how important are boots to your riding?

ok first off its not like im not going to get any. its more that i will be starting my learning curve pretty shortly and i want to be prepared for my lessons.
    helmet just arrived. will grab dri rider climate control 2 jacket and some draggin jeans.

i just didnt hit boots up when i was in perth looking around the other wk. (work away)

so far from looking at reviews the falco axis are good boots. where is the best store in perth so i can just go try on a bunch of boots and walk out the door!
    or can i start my RE without them and get them at my leisure!

Cheers.

Boots aren't important for riding...

They are important for crashing...

Comment

In before 'how important are your feet'.

You can get a very decent pair of short (ankle high) boots for $100. There is no excuse not to.

In the meantime, sturdy leather boots are better than nothing - they need to cover your ankle. Steel caps are not ideal as you may have trouble getting your toes under the gear lever.
      Originally posted by JIM.55
      knowlage dosnt always trumph

Comment

Welcome to PSB

Boots aren't essential to you just yet, maybe once you get on the road. IMO, don't get them just yet because they restrict a lot of your ankle movement (this is assuming you're going to get the shin high boots)

Comment

Still use these, which are also fine to walk around in and are a good bike boot. Rossi P134's

Used to be able to get them at Army surplus store but these guys have a good range of them usually.
          Perth Australian Motorcycle Accessories, Motorbike Helmets, Australia, Parts, Tyres, Motorcycles, Motorbikes, Jackets, Gloves, Riding Gear, Total Motorcycle Accessories Western Australia
          They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

vital!
            i rode without boots for about a month. would never go back to riding without them.

My Boots

Comment

Head, feet and hands are highly likely to be injured during a crash. I do remember this been statistically quoted somewhere.

Therefore, if you ride naked, at least wear a helmet, some shoes and gloves.

I draw the line at thongs. Only because it hurts upshifting.
              Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

The Rossi boots pictured are Ok...

I used to use them. They only offer abrasion resistance...

I smashed an ankle while wearing them...

I have also smashed an ankle while wearing good quality motox boots, and I didn't even crash, just cased the bike out...

I have had a hard landing on the track with the bike smashing down on my ankle and walked anway with no injury due to them being hard boots...

Generally the more money you spend the better protection you will get...

Hard boots, with good ankle protection and a ridgid joint to protect against hyper extension of the ankle are the ultimate...

Comment

Originally posted by Bowlen View Post
                  vital!
                  i rode without boots for about a month. would never go back to riding without them.

My Boots
                  Same boots as I have. Took a while to break in, but now I don't feel comfortable riding in anything but these. Vented is also great for summer, you can actually feel the breeze over the top of your foot.

Comment

i figure im just as likely or more likely to crash out learning as to when i have my 2 wheel toy. so i may as well get protected learning!
                    but is it also easier to learn with the correct boots!

def no steel caps. gotcha!

and thanks guys.

Comment

i found it difficult to ride when i first got my boots, but that was just a matter of riding them in and getting used to them.
                      now i couldn't ride without them

get the alpinestar boots linked above - SBK Toy Store will give you discount too. just pm them

Comment

You can pick up a pair of shift 'fuel' boots - what I have - for $150 locally or $100ish on line, the sole / heel protection is better than many leather shin high boots and they are very comfy. If you want to go to the track you best get some shin high boots though - a necessity for most operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris View Post
                          Head, feet and hands are highly likely to be injured during a crash. I do remember this been statistically quoted somewhere.
                          What about knees?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjii~ View Post
                            What about knees?
                            You'll miss them when they are gone, but seriously, who kneeds 'em.
                            They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

mate go full protection, i had an off at about 40kph, I slid for a few meters and only ended up with a swolen thumb. The riding gear saved my skin.

for the few $100 youll spend on gear, its definitely worth it.

steve

Comment

Working...
                              X