TRX 850 opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRX 850 opinions

I just bought a TRX 850 its a bit rough but so am I so I feel we are a match

Who has owned one ??

What did or do you think! Whats good and bad about them??

Any must do mods?? (suspension is very average I know)

The reason for the bike was I didn't want another fast sports bike for the road. I can't help myself so I'm hoping the TRX will stop some less than accepatable behavior on my part.

Cheers
    MM
    Marty MOOSE
    Last edited by Marty MOOSE; 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM.

I've owned two. First thing you need to do is throw the brakes into the bin. The blue spots from a Thunderace/ Early R1 drop right on. Motors consume oil at a higher than average rate. Anything else really comes down to personal taste.
    Can you help with foster care?
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Me. And you've still got my f**king manual!

There was/is a TRX forum somewhere with a list of stuff you mod you can do.
      I think I pdf'd some of it, PM you're email addy and I'll look it up.

I wish I'd never sold mine.

Stock as a rock, with shit touring tyres, "shit brakes and suspension", shit rider, it was still great fun and could put around barbs in the 70's.
      sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah, I'd also like to add that the headlights suck balls. Many fond memories though.
        Can you help with foster care?
        http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...needed-163289/

Comment

Originally posted by dugy View Post
          Me. And you've still got my f**king manual!

There was/is a TRX forum somewhere with a list of stuff you mod you can do.
          I think I pdf'd some of it, PM you're email addy and I'll look it up.

I wish I'd never sold mine.

Stock as a rock, with shit touring tyres, "shit brakes and suspension", shit rider, it was still great fun and could put around barbs in the 70's.
          PM sent

Comment

<<< Also. You can, with a bit of creativity, fit R1 race farings to it.
            sigpic

Comment

hehehe i owned 2 in a roundabout way

nevr had a problem with the stock brakes, other than to put in decent pads and braided lines
              the rear shock is the same as that of yzf750 so is good
              the front forks are a bit weak - 2 options

i had stiffer forks springs fitted .95kg or 1kg and the valving was re-done by john northcoate to suit, nuffin you or russell couldn't do

or you can fit yzf600 forkd with a bit of fiddling

with pipes, k+n filter and jetted to suit - i got 75hp at the rear wheel

stock tyres are 120/60 and 160/60 - i squeezed 120/65 and 170/60's on

cant remember what stock gearing is , but dropping 1 tooth of the front is a must - much more rideable

Comment

i have one, love it to death, its loud, vibrates like a mack truck, goes fast enough to get into trouble. some are oil burners mine isnt, has over 80k on it.

Comment

Working...
                X