This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding out of class the final word!

Ok due to all the hearsay about this subject the following is Gospel straight from the book, no ifs buts or maybies.

These are the penalties imposed if you are caught riding out of class. Direct from the Police! So don't post any crap because this is it!

1) Riding with a R-E class licence on a R class bike.
    a) $100 no demerits
    b) If the police officer deams you not in control or not competent at the time you are caught you will be issued a summons to court and the court will make the penalty any where from a fine to suspension.

2) Riding with a R-E class licence on a R class bike with a R class learners.
    a) Summons to court and the court will make the penalty any where from a fine to suspension.

Obviously there is no insurance cover and this is not limited to any other offence you are committing or have commited at the time.
    Maybe the forum moderators can put this as a fixed no comment thread?

My belief was the your R-E class licence meant you automatically had a 'learners' for R class - do you have to go and get a seperate licence?
    Whatcha gonna do? Rap is not afraid of you
    Beat is for Sonny Bono, beat is for Yoko Ono

Comment

how does that work isnt your re now your r learners as well also did we reallyy need a thread to point out that its a bad idea
      “Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
      Hunter S. Thompson

“Everyone looks good riding a motorcycle, although for some, it requires a full-face helmet.”

Comment

??...............

Comment

RE is a R class learners, so 1 and 2 are the same thing.

Don't think this will be the last word...

Comment

Originally posted by devolved View Post
            My belief was the your R-E class licence meant you automatically had a 'learners' for R class - do you have to go and get a seperate licence?

no, you can ride a big bike on your R-E licence with a shadow.
            when you get your learners permit you pay for your R-class test and are issued with a learners permit.
            the whole setup seems stupid, because (not that one should, but) those that ride out of class and a have bothered to get a permit are setting themselves up for more of a penalty than those that don't get learners permits, as well as the fact that you don't even need to get a permit anyway...

Comment

No your RE cant be your learners other wise there wouldnt be the two offences.
              Yes we did need this thread as it is all hearsay and guys who want to ride out of class want to know the actual punishment not what everyone "thinks" is the penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by trooper View Post
                No your RE cant be your learners other wise there wouldnt be the two offences.
                Yes we did need this thread as it is all hearsay and guys who want to ride out of class want to know the actual punishment not what everyone "thinks" is the penalty.
                what he means is caught riding your R bike with R-E licence and no shadow... you can ride an R bike with R-E licence with shadow... but to book to sit an R class test you have to hold an R class leaners permit... but u can still "learn" without the permit but cant book a test or anything
                Originally posted by wattsie
                "He's hung like a moose and his name is Kloun" - Huggys mum

Comment

um mate your re is your learners you can be shadowed for r once you pass your re also we dont need this thread because i dont care what the retards want if they ride out of class they can find out the penalty the hard way
                  SIR sparks a lot
                  Last edited by SIR sparks a lot; 05-05-2011, 11:08 PM.
                  “Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
                  Hunter S. Thompson

“Everyone looks good riding a motorcycle, although for some, it requires a full-face helmet.”

Comment

Cheers sudusurfer

Comment

meh. i say that if your gonna do it don't worry about what the penalty is, the insurance and public liability should be the #1 concerns

this won't be the final word on it, because as is already apparent, there is always going to be debate over it. i can see what your trying to do, and for the best part i think the information you have provided is in line with what seems to be the concensus, but their is just too much ambiguity surrounding the issue. particularly when, at the end of the day, it seems it mostly comes down to what mood the coppa is in when he catches you, or the extent of his knowledge on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SIR sparks a lot View Post
                        um mate your re is your learners you can be shadowed for r once you pass your re also we dont need this thread because i dont care what the retards want if they ride out of class they can find out the penalty the hard way
                        haha... sparks speaks words of wisdom...

Comment

Originally posted by sudusurfer View Post
                          what he means is caught riding your R bike with R-E licence and no shadow... you can ride an R bike with R-E licence with shadow... but to book to sit an R class test you have to hold an R class leaners permit... but u can still "learn" without the permit but cant book a test or anything
                          x2 This is exactly what they told me at Joondalup
                          Triumph Rocket
                          Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
                          XT 250 Yamaha
                          SYM HD200
                          SYM Shark 125

Comment

Originally posted by thumper humper View Post
                            x2 This is exactly what they told me at Joondalup
                            I am champion Dads a poppo so i know a bit of laws lol

Comment

How much is your bike worth? If you bin it, that's the penalty, plus injuries sustained. If someone else bins you, that's the penalty, plus the value of their vehicle, plus all injuries sustained.
                              If you get pulled by the flashy lights, what's the chances you were speeding? High? Add a few demerit points to that.
                              Got an FE? Aftermarket pipe? At this stage the po pos don't like you at all- add a yellow sticker.
                              Do you have a pillion? Be sure it's someone you don't give a fuck about.
                              But, it's your life. We all take risks, just weigh up the consequences before you take it- don't think it won't happen to you because it might.
                              That is after all, the very definition of risk.
                              Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground...

Comment

Working...
                              X