Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda CBR 900 fireblade

I hope this is in the right section.
    I have seen the above bike on gumtree and wondered what you guys who know about them think?

Is gumtree a safe place to buys a bike?
    Also can you do a REV check on bikes?

Cheers

Date Listed 21/04/2011
    Price $4,800.00
    Address Gosnells WA, Australia
    For Sale By Owner
    Engine Displacement (cc) 900
    Year 1996
    Make Honda
    Kilometers 51000

Hi we have a 1996 model CBR900 fireblade for sale, the bike is licenced to May and is in very neat condition

Honda CBR 900 fireblade

Originally posted by out_in_front
    #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

No reason why you couldn't do a REV check.
    I have sold and bought on Gumtree many times. As long as you know what to look for to make sure the bike and motor are ok you should be fine.
    The usual paperwork has to be done anuway.
    Love the legend, Kawasaki Z 900/ Z 1000, the Mother of all Big Kawas!
    sigpic
    2007 ZRX 1200R
    1977 Z 1000 A1
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cruelcheffy/

Comment

here is a link to where you can do a REVS check:
      https://bizline.commerce.wa.gov.au/r...h.cfm?search=1

highly recommend it. takes two seconds provided the seller gives you the required information. if he doesn't want to give you the information, simply walk away.

you'll need:
      -the motor vehicle/motorcycle registration number
      -the engine number and
      -the chassis or vehicle identification number of the vehicle

I have bought a bike from gumtree, albeit the bike was also advertised on bikesales, but i really can't see you having any trouble so long as you know what to look out for mechanically, and if the REVs check is ok.

Comment

Fairings looks tidy.
        A little too tidy? Repair job with ebay fairings?

Other than that speculation, at those km's check brake disc thickness and for 2nd gear drop out under load. (as well as all the usual stuff)
        Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

Thanks all.
          I agree about the fairing, what else besides the dics and 2nd gear would I look for.
          Cheers
          #4: Pillion gets treated like they are made of glass and irreplaceable - I don't want that shit on my hands if I make a mistake doing something silly.

Comment

Awesome bikes, those fairings are not stock they look like ebay fairings. Get in contact with a mobile motorcycle mechanic (Ktec are great) and get them to come and have a look at the bike for you. They will tell you what needs to be done.

Comment

Apart from it being from Gosnells... nothing good can come from there.
              But the bike, I have one, love it. It's a very aggresive riding position, hope your cool with that...
              I was asked to take part in a Marathon once... I told them to P**s Off

"Its for the deaf and disabled kids", they said.

I thought, "Hang on a sec.... I could win this....."

Comment

Dunno whats involed in getting to the battery but a check of the charging system would do no harm, also see if it still has the 16inch front wheel.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                  Awesome bikes, those fairings are not stock they look like ebay fairings. Get in contact with a mobile motorcycle mechanic (Ktec are great) and get them to come and have a look at the bike for you. They will tell you what needs to be done.
                  Thanks. that's a good idea.

Originally posted by dolph View Post
                  Apart from it being from Gosnells... nothing good can come from there.
                  But the bike, I have one, love it. It's a very aggresive riding position, hope your cool with that...
                  Yea I was concerned about the suburb a little. I read the position was as one site put it, comfortable. I have sat on one but not ridden one yet.
                  I want a sporty bike this time around but one that not too bad I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                    Dunno whats involed in getting to the battery but a check of the charging system would do no harm, also see if it still has the 16inch front wheel.
                    How would you check the charging system in the front of some guys house?
                    Cheers

Comment

Multimeter across the battery you should see a lift in voltage around 1300rpm the really crude check is the headlight should get a little brighter.
                      Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Great thanks, I don't have a meter (blew it up) but I can check the lights.
                        I think I may look for another anyway. But geat info, thanks

Comment

NB if the battery is in really really good condition you might not see the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
                            see if it still has the 16inch front wheel.
                            It will have a 16inch front wheel. The down side is some manufactures stopped making 16" fronts but you can still get them it's no biggie.

These bikes are very hard to kill and you can easily get parts for them for cheap.

EDIT: if you don't like the 16" front it isn't too hard to get a 17" rim on. This will make it more stable but won't tip into corners as quick.

Hell, if you don't like the swing-arm you can bolt on a VFR750 single sided swing arm with little modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Lit View Post
                              These bikes are very hard to kill and you can easily get parts for them for cheap.
                              Thanks, good to know

if you don't like the 16" front it isn't too hard to get a 17" rim on. This will make it more stable but won't tip into corners as quick.
                              Yes I read on site today that a straight swap can be made with a 17 inch.

Do they tip over very quickly with the 16 inch?
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X