What tyres are you running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tyres are you running

Hi i have a tlr1000 and i am up for a new set of shoes for her running pilot power at this time just wanting to see if what shoes you run and how you find them...

THANKS
    BOOFDTL
    Inactive Member
    Last edited by BOOFDTL; 08-05-2011, 08:30 AM.
    Only a bike rider can understand the feeling you get when your on the bike the power
    and the rush from getting up that hill with no probs at all.
    One of the best things about riding bikes
    is the sense of escapism and being able to get on and just ride..
    No real idea of where you are going, how you are going to get there or why, but it doesnt
    really matter because your with your mates and on the bike so lets just get out there and GO..

So...you've got car tyres on your bike?

I think you mean Pilot Powers, or Pilot Roads...
    Last edited by Rich...; 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM.

Comment

yes pilot power sorry
      Only a bike rider can understand the feeling you get when your on the bike the power
      and the rush from getting up that hill with no probs at all.
      One of the best things about riding bikes
      is the sense of escapism and being able to get on and just ride..
      No real idea of where you are going, how you are going to get there or why, but it doesnt
      really matter because your with your mates and on the bike so lets just get out there and GO..

Comment

Pilot Powers are a good tyre...

Whta do you use the bike for? commute, Sunday scratching, touring?

Comment

Depends what you want out of them.
          If you want mileage go Michelin pilot road 3 or pirelli angel st.
          If you really love to play i have found the pirelli dialblo rosso corsa fantastic.
          Michelin do the power pures these days.

All these are dual compound tyres.
          When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Super Corsa Pro's on 998, great tyres.
            Pilot Road 2's on 900SS, surprised me alot. 900 not a huge power machine but have put the old girl through some
            very fun twisty stuff with plenty of feedback. Very impressed.

Have a set of Diablo Rosso Corsa's to go on something next.

Comment

Pilot Road 2...Good commuting and touring tyre...will allow you to Sunday scratch pretty well...not recommended for trackdays...

Pilot Power 2CT...Will do the general commuting, and will scratch hard on a Sunday...happy at the track...not recommended for touring...

I always run Michelin or Pirelli...

Both my spirited riding bikes are shod with Pirellis...

Diablo Corsa III on the motard...lots of grip on the sides...

Dragon Supercorse Pro on the GSXR...very sticky, but they don't last long...

As a good all rounder I would pick one of the Michelins...Pirellis if you are going to risk your life on your tyres...

Comment

Black round ones I find work best, usually find them mounted on the round metal things either end of the bike.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Michelin S83(Came with bike) on front, and Michelin SM100 or rear.
                  Soon to get Michelin Pilot S1
                  This friendly announcement was brought to you by WAPOL
                  Taking peoples Cash for their Christmas Fund on Straight pieces of road

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    Pilot Road 2...Good commuting and touring tyre...will allow you to Sunday scratch pretty well...not recommended for trackdays...
                    Maybe I'm not pushing mine hard enough... but the Road 2's are fine at the track.
                    They're a power compound on the shoulder from memory.

Comment

Bridgestone BT016's on the 'Fast' bikes, Pirelli Angel ST's on all the others, I must admit the Angels have increased the time between tyres changes, I get another 2-3k kms out of them, don't have any trouble to quick rides on them either

Comment

Working...
                      X