Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Other than USA, where to buy helmets, etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other than USA, where to buy helmets, etc?

So I've tried both Superbike Toy Store (forum sponsor) and another store in the US but it appears the Shoei distributor didn't deem it necessary to import a certain helmet model in a particular size I'm after.

So, aside from the US, where else is worth checking for helmets or other bike apparel/part?
    Obviously the driving factor is to save money so that would be the main requirement for any places you can think of.
    2006 Yamaha R1SP;
    In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
    Amen, brother. Amen.
    My nemesis; Barfridge

I find plain black helmets in my size easy to find and cheaper...try it...

Comment

Hmm, I've found U.K websites to be pretty expensive..
      Was looking this morning ordering brake-pads, ended up getting them from America. Maybe some European countries?
      Neat trick I found though if you are googling over-seas.
      Type
      http:// www. google.com/ncr -> American websites
      http:// www. google.co.uk/ncr -> UK Websites

(Minus spaces so it doesn't auto link)
      Etc..
      :stupid:

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        I find plain black helmets in my size easy to find and cheaper...try it...
        Not for me, Rich.
        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
        In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
        Amen, brother. Amen.
        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

A helmet shop?

Comment

when ebay aus turns up no results, try the us, uk and canadian sites.

www.ebay.com
            www.ebay.co.uk
            www.ebay.ca
            my pics

Comment

Used these guys before when I wanted something no one else seemed to stock. Dunno if much cheaper though maybe a bit.

Motorcycle helmets, motorcycle clothing, jet helmets and cross helmets in the motoin brand shop
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Got my last two from UK sites.

Forget which though.. I'l have a look

Comment

ebay is the best. make sure it is a store from the states and that they have good feedback for helmets (asian shops sometimes sell counterfeits).

Comment

try fc-moto.de

prices comparable in some brands to the US.
                    As a general rule, the better it felt when you said it, the more trouble it's going to get you into.

'Soul' - Italian word for unreliability.

For a way to start racing cheap, go here > http://supermotowa.com

Comment

I bought mine from someone on ebay in Canada who had it shipped direct from Japan to Perth. Landed cost was $450 instead of $900 in Australia, and that's when our dollar was worth 80 cents.
                      -

Comment

I've sussed some Japanese sites but most of them need to be run through Google Translate or similar, unless you can read Japanese.

The problem I've found is the US hasn't bothered to import XXS for a certain Shoei helmet (Shoei Qwest, or Shoei TZ-X here in Australia) and a friend of mine needs it in XXS. To see them in the US for $422 and for sale here for $599 just shits me, but I can't get a XXS from the US. My only other hope is UK, Japan, etc.
                        2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                        Amen, brother. Amen.
                        My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

Crashlington, that site is pretty good. They have the Qwest in XXS but not the one I'm after so I've contacted them to see if they can get it. Thanks, dood.
                          2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                          Amen, brother. Amen.
                          My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

dainese motorcycle motorbike clothing motorcycleclothing helmets jackets gloves boots accessories belstaff arai spyke spidi shark brema ixs sidi alpinestars shoei nava yamaha honda guzzi harley davidson

got my leathers thru these guys. some needs to be transleted but cheap as for dianese gear. $1016 delivered or $1999 in the shop here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornet View Post
                              Crashlington, that site is pretty good. They have the Qwest in XXS but not the one I'm after so I've contacted them to see if they can get it. Thanks, dood.
                              strange people with strange shaped/sized heads!

I've been trying to help a mate track down an XXXXL lid - it aint easy!

Comment

Working...
                              X