triangle stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triangle stand

just want to ask the guys the race have thay used a steel dirt bike triangle stand for there race bike as you cant run a side stand?
    i would just use in when i have got the bike of the trailer.

What twowheels is trying to say is where would be the right place to buy/purchase an Motocross type axle pivot stand.

Its what I also would like to know, otherwise I will resort to making my own

Comment

I have seen them used, seem steady enough. I bought one, but it was too high so didn't give enough lean angle, hence vulnerable to being knocked over.

Comment

Ok cool yep i have seen them used just have to work out how high thay are

Comment

Originally posted by Kristy View Post
          I have seen them used, seem steady enough. I bought one, but it was too high so didn't give enough lean angle, hence vulnerable to being knocked over.
          I'd speak to some type of ally welder (do not glue it together) or look on ebay. Kaneg do good quality race stands also.

Sent from my mobile via the buggy tapatalk app.
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Ok thanks guy dose any one know any one that races at the track and uses one i have got a front and rear stands i just want to use it when i am putting the bike on the rear stand

Comment

I actually use car stands that I put a bolt through one of the adjustable height holes that the pin may go into. Bolt then goes into the frame, and has a solid base which makes it very hard to knock over. Cut off bolt head, put a nut on either side and viola. I'll be at the 14th May trakdayz in level 2 if you wanna have a look-sie or I can post it up pix. Sounds dodge, and looks dogde, but it works.

Comment

Its amazing what a Full Stop can do...

Comment

Yes, as well as a comma in the right spot for "it is", and the appropriate use of capitals where justified/required (e.g. when using proper nouns or the start of a sentence), rather than being used for emphasising a word.

Comment

Ok cool that is a good idea

Comment

I think a capital letter is a good way to emphasize a word by drawing proper attention without resorting to full capitals or bold lettering.
                      A missed comma is hardly noticeable compared to several missed full stops that can make a sentence almost unreadable. Unless you don't mind re-reading a post when you shouldn't have to.

Comment

Maybe it emphasises a point, but is not grammatically correct, which is actually quite funny given your post.

The fact it was hard to read is perhaps more to do with the fact that my post was pretty shittily worded, rather than merely requiring more full stops ^_^.

PS: I meant apostrophe, not comma in my previous post; which, while non-intentional on my behalf, was not picked up by you An incorrectly placed/misplaced apostrophe can totally change the intent of a sentence.
                        Last edited by Kristy; 09-05-2011, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I use one. Just go to Bunnings and and buy a length of 12mm rod. You can either bend a triangle, or cut two lengths and make a 't'. You just need a basic stick welder to join it.

Comment

sorry kristy, i wasn't talking about your post. I was talking about twowheel's above yours.

Comment

ok cool how did you work out the angle i just made a (T) made the bottom pice 40cm longe i just got to work out how high it needs to be.
                              Originally posted by nevr2old View Post
                              I use one. Just go to Bunnings and and buy a length of 12mm rod. You can either bend a triangle, or cut two lengths and make a 't'. You just need a basic stick welder to join it.

Comment

Working...
                              X