Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Retarded... or is this Really Cool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Retarded... or is this Really Cool?

Bursig Australia Motorcycle Paddock Racing Stand

vote now, but bear in mind that I have Tourette's, an eidetic memory, and the ability to track people down through arcane means such as Google. I also have a toothbrush.
    sigpicSome days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

I've got one for my 1198s - if you do buy one make sure you get the castor kit, as it makes it a breeze to move the bike around the shop. I love mine.

Check out my 1198s Corse SE in the garage: Desmosedici Ohlins forks, magnesium wheels, Ohlins TTX rear shock, Kyle racing link, alloy subframe, carbon fairing stay, ceramic coated Termi full systen, PCV, lots of carbon & titanium.

Comment

is kewl.

fkn pricey though!
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

looked at this kinda stand in the past from the uk. wish i could justify spending that kinda money for a stand for the garage

Price shown includes GST and Wheel Set and is pick up from Melbourne only!
        cant be to light so postage could be a bit aswell
        "pain is temporary glory is forever" - unknown

Comment

Its cheaper directly from bursig......
          Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Both...

Comment

Motorradteile Bursig Webshop
              Sponsored by:

Comment

Hell ye...great invention but..
                $650....way over the top !!

Comment

For $650 you can buy a proper hydraulic motorcycle lift.
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
                    For $650 you can buy a proper hydraulic motorcycle lift.
                    but would it be as useful and nifty?
                    sigpicSome days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue.

Comment

I have a hydraulic lift, and it is both more and less useful than that device. It will lift higher, obviously, and also acts as a tool tray while you are using it :-) But it takes up a lot of space when you are not using it, too--that device would be VERY useful for moving a bike around in the shed, or turning it to go out, or even for cleaning--being able to rotate both wheels , etc. . I have three bikes , a stand, a scooter, random shit, and a workbench in my 1 1/2 car garage, and it is tight. Could really see a use for it, but the only bike I have listed is the ZRX1200, and it would be useless there, cos it lives in a seacontainer in a paddock. How does it attach to the frame/structure of the bike? Couldn't make it out from the video.
                      " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

generally through holes in the frame
                        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by ranmar850 View Post
                          ......How does it attach to the frame/structure of the bike? Couldn't make it out from the video.
                          It is inserted into the bolts which go through the swingarm, and also the upper rear engine mount. I've seen two up at Wannaroo, Donsi with his MV, and Brett on his BMW.

Considering that good quality front (head stem) and rear stand combinations can cost in the vicinity of $530 nowdays for a sharp racing set, which is pretty much a fixed position, and requires two seperate stands.... an additional $120 (and shipping) for a single item which gives you complete clearance around the front forks & tyre, as well as the swingarm, as well as being completely mobile....I'd say its worth it.

The only downside, is unlike the normal front and rear stands, its not a universal fit, and you would require to buy fitting kits for multiple model bikes you may have in the shed.
                          Sponsored by:

Comment

The youtube videos really demonstrate how stable the bike is when the wheels are off the ground!

I agree with the PROS mentioned above. I do not think that it is over priced.

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                            its not a universal fit, and you would require to buy fitting kits for multiple model bikes you may have in the shed.
                            This is the only real CON in my opinion... :mellow:
                            These are my principles... if you don't like them I have others.

Comment

Great idea, but...$$$.

Instead you could use something like a Sharp Crawler rear stand that has casters instead of normal wheels and costs about $220...and it would do the same job.

Comment

Working...
                              X