Compensation for delays in repair of MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compensation for delays in repair of MC

My ride has been out of action since 28th of Feb due to an accident, but I'm wondering if anyone has had the success claiming compensation from the repairer / insurance ?? for delays getting my bike back to me.

At the moment, I'm stilling waiting for a couple of parts that has to apparently has to come from o/s, but at this stage, have no idea of an ETA on when I will be getting it back.

I reckon I should have a case, as I still have to pay rego, insurance, and higher cost of transport due to these delays, but what do you guys think??

good luck

Comment

You have no case no...
      Duct tape is like the Force it's dark on one side, light on the other and holds the universe together.

Comment

Id probably see if you are able to find the parts within Australia and how fast you could get them. Then:

May be possible if you werent at fault.

If you were at fault and parts can be sourced much faster then maybe.

If you were at fault and parts cant be sourced faster, doubtful, very doubtful.

Comment

i presume your taking the piss ?

Comment

Just curious mainly to see if anyone has bothered to do this.
            I would've thought the Honda dealer / repairer should be able to source parts relatively quickly, seeing as my not at fault claim was approved on the 4th of March, and was told it would only be a couple of weeks to get sorted.

Comment

If you are going through the honda shop, have fun waiting, as another member was bike less for months, and even then they fucked it up.
              Originally posted by deano68er
              Originally posted by Sudu
              Loud?
              Enough to make ya hard

Comment

If the insurance policy doesn't cover it (and read your PDS - it probably makes specific exclusion against incidental loss) and it was someone else's fault you would need to pursue independently as a civil suit. Did the dealer make any binding commitment to have it back to you by a date? I bet they didn't. In that case, the person who caused the damage is the person you need to pursue.

Again, check your insurance PDS because it may void your claim if you act independently, too...
                "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I wish you the best of luck but my experience is "But you can catch a bus so suck a dick. And its your fault anyway for parking in a motorcycle bay when it is an obvious place for cars to reverse into your shit."
                  Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had an accident.

So where does the blame lie, i.e. who owes you compensation?

Honda Australia?
                    The dealer?
                    Your insurer?

Thinking you'll struggle to prove that any of them should have known you'd need replacement parts for your <insert year and type of bike here> as a result of a crash. Maintenance parts Yes, bodywork etc No.

This is why some insurers provide Replacement Vehicle options in their policies, for when you're without a vehicle due to waiting on parts.

Is there a chance they can fit a scratched/cracked/otherwise aesthetically damaged part that isn't going to affect your safety, so that you can be on your way?
                    Click Link for My Bikes:

Aprilia RS250
                    1985 GSXR750 "Slabbie"

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
                      If the insurance policy doesn't cover it (and read your PDS - it probably makes specific exclusion against incidental loss) and it was someone else's fault you would need to pursue independently as a civil suit. Did the dealer make any binding commitment to have it back to you by a date? I bet they didn't. In that case, the person who caused the damage is the person you need to pursue.

Again, check your insurance PDS because it may void your claim if you act independently, too...
                      Thanks. No binding contract, just verbal banter. I'll have a look over my PDS. I've been screwed over with my insurance policies lately, so another one is probably not going to hurt to much

Comment

Originally posted by Loud View Post
                        Is there a chance they can fit a scratched/cracked/otherwise aesthetically damaged part that isn't going to affect your safety, so that you can be on your way?
                        I believe it was only the exhaust that was remaining to be replaced. I toyed with the idea of taking it, while waiting for the parts, but I'm under the assumption that when I picked up the bike, I'm saying that it is 100% perfect in the eyes of the insurance company. I really don't want any hassle afterwards trying to chase down for them to fix it.

Comment

Well there's good news and bad news.

The bad news is you've got fuck all chance of getting anything.

However, the good news is ... well ... there is no good news.
                          -

Comment

get the bike . use it . while u wait for parts . fuck them

Comment

^ do the opposite of that
                              Please contact the Administrator if your date of birth has changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X