Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent riding trip in New Zealand

FORUM.FJR13.ORG - View topic - Off to Unzud
    For those who are interested, this is a link to my trip thread in New Zealand, at Easter, on the Australian FJR forum. Great riding, lots of photos.
    " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

I am sooo jelous
    North and south . what a awsom ride.
    Yes , its on the list.
    I Have only driven arround the south and that was only 10 days, no where near enough time.
    I have always wanted to ride arround and do the wanika air show.

Thank for the link and well done
    Thankyou
    REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
    (anarchy in english )

Comment

Fantastic link! Looks like you know you're stuff when it comes to sights and sounds. Myself and my riding crew are into aviation and bikes - this is on the Bucket List after seeing your blog.
      Be patient or become one.

Ride with Passion. Ride with Purpose. Ride with Pride.

Comment

awesome, some great photos there. Very Jealous

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

hopefully they still do the P51 Mustang joy flights outa Wanaka, best money I ever spent :-)
            Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow - New Zealand

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
              hopefully they still do the P51 Mustang joy flights outa Wanaka, best money I ever spent :-)
              Warbirds Over Wanaka International Airshow - New Zealand
              Now that sounds fucking awsom pluss
              Thats like double awsomly awsom
              REPENT MOTHER FUCKER
              (anarchy in english )

Comment

Brilliant stuff!! Thanks for sharing with us!!!
                Originally posted by Red_is_Best
                hahah I hate it when they do that and you make some noises like you had it done just last year, then they give you that look, like you are a bad vagina owner and you should take better care of it!

Comment

Extremely cool mate, and some very awesome pics.

I never really thought about touring NZ on the bike, thinking it would be constant drizzle and long boring roads before small bits of excitement, but now I'm very keen to get over there.
                  Filbert on Moto Guzzis;
                  Originally posted by filbert
                  it's like a ducati with the motor put in sideways for people who are too scared of the power of harley davidsons

Comment

I love the speed limits in New Zealand.

Do they have some sort of stupidity rule in their law that says if you crash its your own fault for driving to fast or something?

The speed limit on some of the ski mountains around Queenstown are 100km/h and they're dirt tracks with a 200m drop on one side, its crazy.
                    And then you get overtaken by a bus.
                    Wes

Comment

Great story and photos.

What camera/lens did you use for the aviation pics?
                      "Live Long and Prosper"

Bayswater Martial Arts and Yoga Centre

Comment

Originally posted by likefry View Post
                        I love the speed limits in New Zealand.

Do they have some sort of stupidity rule in their law that says if you crash its your own fault for driving to fast or something?

The speed limit on some of the ski mountains around Queenstown are 100km/h and they're dirt tracks with a 200m drop on one side, its crazy.
                        And then you get overtaken by a bus.
                        The speed limit , country wide, is 100kph. If you crash, they charge you with something!
                        Bloody photos - I'm homesick, again!
                        “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

luv that you did the trip on a ZRX...I bet it never missed a beat

gorgeous landscapes in NZ & the air show looks fantastic... awesome pics

thanks for sharing.

Comment

Just my Pentax K-x, with 18-125mm Sigma lens.Auto DIN, 200-400 range, mostly. Pretty heavy on the post-processing, which is a bit obvious in places--very dull weather mostly, only really had one shot of planes in sunlight.

Yes, max limit is 100km/hr, but don't judge that against our 1110-totally different set of circumstances. You have to go really hard to get 100 on some of these roads:o. 40k over will see a confiscation and ban, very similar to our hoon laws, but it just doesn't seem to be as much of an issue over there, somehow, if you are used to riding here...even in NSW, which has some good twisties, you will find many of the best of them are limited right back, anyway, stupid shit like 60 and 70 limits out the back of nowhere, AND with fixed speed cameras.
                            What I am trying to say is that the nanny state mentality, so prevalent here, just hasn't caught on in NZ anywhrer near as badly as here.
                            " Lightly Seared On The Reality Grill"

Comment

What I am trying to say is that the nanny state mentality, so prevalent here, just hasn't caught on in NZ anywhrer near as badly as here.
                              Have you toured the North Island, yet?
                              Most of the time, away from the city(s), in the South Island, you'll be reasonably OK. It seems to get worse, the further north you go....
                              “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Working...
                              X