Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillion Seat Stuck

Hi All,

Couldnt find a related thread however please feel free to correct me if you know of one

I did an overnight ride the other weekend and took the cowl off and put on my pillion seat. Unfortunately now, my pillion seat does not want to budge and come off.

Now under the pillion seat is a first aid kit (which doesnt leave much room) and there is also a harness strapped to it for my tail bag. So I am assuming something may be caught somewhere.

I have an 09 gsxr1000. Does anyone have any tips they could possibily give me or should i just take to a shop?

Thanks
    SC

Try pushing it down or leaning on it when you turn the key
    Wes

Comment

Ive tried that it doesnt seem to move even a mm

Comment

Is the key turning ? and if so does it appear to be pulling the cable, otherwise the catch inside the LHS rear fairing (that houses the indicator) might have come undone.
        If so, take the clips out that secure this fairing and you can get your hand in to re-connect the cable from the rear of the bike.

Comment

It isnt turning much AndyS. Thanks for that tip. Shall give it a try when i get home Muchas gracias

Comment

if the key isn't turning there is probably something underneath the pillion seat pressing up against the cable/locking mechanism. I had a small issue like this when I tried to fit a pair of thongs under my cowl.

my only advice is to jiggle jiggle jiggle...

Comment

take off the 2 plastic trims along the side of the tank (single allen head screw at the front, push studs and velcro along the middle and back) and undo the riders seat (2 allen head bolts near the back of tank. From there you can reach up and release, or undo all neccessary fairing pieces to get to the latch. Five minute job, max
              yes, i am ignorant
              yes, i am a prick
              no, i don't care
              you make me sick

Comment

Cheers SS. Shall be having a toy with this tonight under the watchful eye of someone that will probably know more about what he is doing that i do

Comment

this used to happen on my old zxr250, the metal hook was touching the fairings slightly so turning the key didnt apply enough force. i would just get some kind of metal rod and push the hook with that and it would come straight off.

Comment

solved.
                    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                    . .

Comment

Shadow NO !!!! Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by V4moose View Post
                        my only advice is to jiggle jiggle jiggle...
                        Always good advice

Comment

so, there's pressure upwards on the lock and it cant release.

get that watchfull peron to apply pressure downwards as you turn the key.

why do women always pack so much stuff?

ps........

oh? got any crc lube stuff? soak the lock and mechanism ,even push the key in half way,use the tube you get with[auto]lube spray cans and soak the internals of the lock.
                          Last edited by potato; 12-05-2011, 08:37 PM. Reason: ps,

Straightline2ten your motorcycle and motor car repairer for smash repairs

insurance or private work, plastic welding,resprays, restoration and classics

dianella 93703770

Comment

Originally posted by tim the pool man View Post
                            Always good advice
                            *shakes head*

Originally posted by potato View Post
                            why do women always pack so much stuff?
                            Cause We need lots

got any lube stuff?
                            Bit rude

Problem Solvered thats to a gentleman on here. Cheers all.

Comment

oh? got any crc lube stuff? soak the lock and mechanism ,even push the key in half way,use the tube you get with[auto]lube spray cans and soak the internals of the lock.
                              Naaaaaoooooooooooooo!!!

You should never use liquid lube on any locks unless you absolutely have to.
                              If you can get any movement in there at all, apply a small puff of graphite powder (I have some if ever it's needed) You'll be amazed how often that solves it
                              Always use dry lube in locks, or else you'll get dirt in there and wear the lock prematurely.
                              Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
                              One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
                              . .

Comment

Working...
                              X