Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I keep setting off fixed speed/redlight camera's... for no reason!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I keep setting off fixed speed/redlight camera's... for no reason!

Posting this up because its getting very annoying
    I haven't received any fines so far... it's just f$^king anoying. I have 3 points left and I'm trying to be on my best behavior but every time I have to go through one of these things I near shit myself because I have no idea if I have 4 fines on the way or if they're just taking photos of me for the DPI spank bank.

Tuesday night was the fourth time I've set off a fixed speed camera whilst completely doing the right thing. The main culprit is on Reid highway at the intersection of Reid and Balcatta road travelling west.

I was doing 60, 10kph below the limit. I was following a car doing the exact same speed as me and they didn't get flashed. The light was 100% green. I was riding to the left of the oil slick in the only lane going forward. 3 times I've set this f*cker off at night, maybe more during the day when they don't flash.

How can they justify sending fines to riders at all with the amount of false positives they get from these things? Very temped to borrow some Go-Pro's and reproduce this on video for channel 7 to sensationalize.

Anyone else had this problem? The bike is a GPX250, maybe it does weird things to the road sensors?

Unless you can prove to me this happened, i'm not going to believe that you weren't speeding or running a red.

Sorry.

Comment

Setting them off in the same lane or different lanes?

Comment

Your Speedo isn't in MPH is it?

Comment

Unless you can prove to me this happened, i'm not going to believe that you weren't speeding or running a red.
          I see your point but...
          The first time I got flashed I thought "hey, maybe I was speeding and I probably deserved that one. I'm not doing that again"
          The second time I slowed down well below the limit and made sure I wasn't trying to run a yellow or something stupid. It went off again.
          The third time I slowed right down due to a car in front of me and the light was most definately green, I wasn't going to let the thing get me again. It went off again and I now take a different (longer) way to the gym.

Unless I have a mild retardation that I'm unaware of, there was no way I was speeding or running a red on the second and third times through that intersection.

Setting them off in the same lane or different lanes?
          Reid highway has one lane going forward and one turning right that are covered by the camera. The third time I was flashed there was definately no one turning right at the time I was going straight though.
          EDIT: Every time it has gone off I've been in the straight through lane
          Last edited by fr0st; 12-05-2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Does your bike have insurance or has the rego expired as this might be a new camera with a automatic number plate recognition system.
            This will go off if you haven't payed something or the owner has no licence this will go off.

Comment

theres a fixed speed camera there? oh snap
              Originally posted by Lefty
              Wouldn't be like me to upset the herd.

Comment

Well i got my first camera ticket in 10 years (mobile speed camera).
                It arrived a couple days past 3 weeks since i got flashed in the cage 11km over the limit on Belmont Av.
                Soo you shouldnt have to live in paranoia for too long to see if they turn up.
                When the only tool you have is a hammer, every thing starts to look like a nail

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmember View Post
                  Does your bike have insurance or has the rego expired as this might be a new camera with a automatic number plate recognition system.
                  This will go off if you haven't payed something or the owner has no licence this will go off.
                  Probably looking for an AS sticker on the helmet.
                  Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

I wrote something about this a few months ago but south of the river. Happened to me three times through the same intersection and so far no fines yet. So it shouldn't really be a problem. Now I just don't care if it flashes or not because I'm not doing anything wrong anyway. The guy who checks out the photos must be sick of seeing me in every single shot now. LOL.
                    sigpic

Comment

Mate, see a doctor, your iron level might be too high.
                      If at first you don't succeed, dont bother taking up sky diving.
                      This unit is portable when carried.
                      it wasn't a normal cookie, i figured that out 45 minutes into my exam.

Comment

You can check your demerit points online now - https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/w...rnal/demerits/

May only be a few days quicker than waiting to see if you get a fine in the mail though, I'm not sure.
                        "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious—makes you so sick at heart—that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all"

Comment

That worries me... I was not aware that that was a speed camera.
                          Originally posted by Rocky
                          Unilateral thinking is unilateral.
                          Originally posted by pauly_
                          RayBan, boatshoe, short-short, skinny leg, shaved leg, check-shirt, breezer-drinking, pec-decking, cocktail-dress on a Monday, sandy vag, spray-tan, high maintenance mutha-fukkas.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldmember View Post
                            Everything is up to date. Also checked my demerits on DPI's website and apparently I have 8 free, 8 taken by offences and zero outstanding. 16 demerits ftw?
                            Probably a random mistake due to one of them being a double demerits offence.

I find it hard to believe that a pole mounted camera can -
                            • Take a photo without flash at night
                            • Identify your number plate
                            • Lookup your rego in a central database to check if your flagged
                            • Take another photo with flash

and all as you are passing through an intersection with other cars around?

I've played with computer vision before and it doesn't work that quickly on the best of hardware. The camera the police use for this are setup near booze buses and police operated choke points so the cars slow right down.

Comment

Originally posted by broon62 View Post
                              You can check your demerit points online now - https://online.transport.wa.gov.au/w...rnal/demerits/

May only be a few days quicker than waiting to see if you get a fine in the mail though, I'm not sure.
                              Rumour has it that demerits do not get applied until fine is paid.

Id get in first and make a formal inquiry as to what is happening.
                              They hung a sign up in our town "If you live it up, you won't live it down"-Tom Waits

Comment

Working...
                              X