Question for the Demerit Point Gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the Demerit Point Gurus

Copped a 3 pointer in Melbourne back in Oct last year, ran a red light while in a hire car apparently. Copped the fine and the 3 demerits.

Just checked the WA site for demerits against my license and it reads zip, zero, zilch, nada...

Am I a lucky SoB or....??

not relevant but more FYI as I seen posted otherwise in another thread, but mate was pinged by a pork with a handheld and demerit points expire at anniversary of offence not payment, this was confirmed by DPI site
    Originally posted by Rocket
    Hahah yeah, cos if there's one thing that scares the shit out of people, it's a bunch of 60kg computer geeks on GPX250's wobbling into a carpark.

Comment

You accumulated 3 points in Victoria. So if you get 12 over there you cannot drive in Victoria until the points clear. At least that's how it used to be.
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

I have no direct experience but you may wish to research this:

"The National Driver Licensing Scheme (NDLS), which has been adopted by all Australian jurisdictions, provides that details of certain driving offences committed by a driver while visiting in another State are to be transferred to that driver's home jurisdiction for recording on their traffic record.

The NDLS also provides that the driver’s home jurisdiction is to apply the number of demerit points it would have applied, had the offence been committed in the driver’s own jurisdiction.

The relevant driving offences are those listed in the Administrative Guideline for the NDLS published by the National Transport Commission (www.ntc.gov.au)."

Comment

the points are supposed to get refered back to the licensing issue state. paperwork often gets forgoten
          sigpic

Comment

NEVER heard of the points actually following someone back, but they'll chase you for the bucks.
            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
              NEVER heard of the points actually following someone back, but they'll chase you for the bucks.
              they sure did that. I waited until the red one arrived (next step: we'll see you in court) before I paid tho. I thunk what rabbit said was the go... anyway it's now 7 mths later so not much chance of the points turning up now I guess

Comment

Over the past ten years approximately half of my traffic 'offences' have appeared on my record. Be nice to the cops, pay your fine, and happy motoring.
                "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth." - Albert Einstein

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Arwon View Post
                  You accumulated 3 points in Victoria. So if you get 12 over there you cannot drive in Victoria until the points clear. At least that's how it used to be.
                  ^^^that...

Comment

unless they take your bike on the spot then you are be reassured they will be taking the points / license...
                    In rod we trust.

Comment

Working...
                    X