Repairing Tubeless Motocycle Tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repairing Tubeless Motocycle Tires

So i copped a small nail in the rear tyre of my bike last night on the WSR.

Air does escape when i try to move the nail, so its staying put for now. Its a tubeless tyre.

Where is a good cheap place i can get this fixed? And what price am i looking at?
    Whattup b*tches Max is here. :o

Tyres for bikes on Albany Hwy - I only say that because I've had good experience with them, and you dont have your location listed. But really anywhere that does bike tires should be able to do it for around the same price.
    Provided its not on the edges of the tyre they'll jut put a plug in it - roughly $50.
    Originally posted by redfern
    It growls like a horny fat chick, screams like a drunk college floozey on a slingshot at spring break, and handles like mountain goat interbred with a gecko.

Comment

Make sure you ask for (and receive) a "mushroom plug" instead of the shitty cloth plugs which aren't that reliable.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Hey nice one guys. Yeah i'm in perth. The small nail is in the tread of the tyre, so i don't think it would be too much of a drama to fix.

Mushroom plug hey.. So i guess its safe to still go mental once the tyre has been plugged?

Comment

Get a plug kit from supercrap and do it yourself until you can get it repaired / replaced. I rode mine with 2 plugs in it for about 3 months once.

Comment

Was thinkin about that. I have a kit for my car. She aint leakin air, and im takin off to the mines soon. I guess it would only take like half hour for a workshop to fix right?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	4879962

Comment

My rear tyre has had a mushroom plug for the last 12000 or so km and its been fine

Comment

one guy was quoting $90? bit extreme from the $50?

Comment

Ring around, there are a few places that do it, $90 is extreme, we are yet to purchase our kits to plug.

I've never had any issues with plugs and have done trackdays with plugs

Comment

Cheers, thanks Stoney! The Bike Doctor / Bike Tyre City are quoting $90 and Tyres for Bikes are quoting $70.
                      Might get in touch with a couple more companies and see what they say...

Comment

So it turns out the nail was too close to the side wall for a mushroom plug, as there was a risk of it sliding down the side. So the guys at tyres for bikes stuck a michelin tube in my tubeless tyre. It cost $36 for the for the tube, and $40 for labour. So $76 all up. Ok i guess as it will last the life of the tyre. They gave me the culprit too. Turns out the lil nail aint so lil.. It also went in head first. Not sharp pointy bit first! Check it out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo0532.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	4879991

Comment

Still better than having to throw the tyre out

Comment

Haha thats very true Stoneville! I'd rather spend $76 on a permanent repair, than spending however many hundreds-of-dollars for a whole new tyre

Thanks for your input guys, much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                            X