Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help advice needed for Ninja 250r possible clutch problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raiden.
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinkee View Post
    The loud clunk that you heard was the mis match between the speed of your bike when trying to select 1st, and the revs your bike was at, at the time... Im not very good at explaining stuff, but if you search here and google on 'rev matching' when changing gears, it will explain why 1.it clunked really hard, and 2.you often get false neutrals when down shifting... Basically bikes dont like shifting too far from that sweet spot.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk
    Usually that clunk sound I get is quite soft compare to the that incident. It was unusually loud that time and afterward sounded like something fell off (almost like the sound of dropped spanner) that's what worried me the most.

The problem is the gear goes into neutral from 2nd to 1st gear even when the bike is travelling around 15km/hr ~2000rpm. It's really annoying when I'm doing the corner and the gear is in neutral and it's also really unsafe.

Could a moderator merge this with the other thread. I had a internet glitch and it posted twice.
    Last edited by Raiden.; 13-05-2011, 02:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkee
    replied
    The loud clunk that you heard was the mis match between the speed of your bike when trying to select 1st, and the revs your bike was at, at the time... Im not very good at explaining stuff, but if you search here and google on 'rev matching' when changing gears, it will explain why 1.it clunked really hard, and 2.you often get false neutrals when down shifting... Basically bikes dont like shifting too far from that sweet spot.

Sent from my GT-P1000T using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Help advice needed for Ninja 250r possible clutch problem.

My Ninja 250r has been going into false neutral even when the bike is still rolling. I am wondering if this is common for Ninjas 250R to go into false neutral when you shift down from 2nd to 1st when the bike is moving still eg. coming to the stop at the lights etc? I had this problem the other day on the way to work I was coming up to a speed bump and I shift down from 3rd to 2nd gear and when I shift down to 1st at around 30km/hr on the speedometer the gear went into neutral and when I shift down again to go into 1st gear it made a really loud noise almost like an explosion (usually it makes a slight noise but this was much louder and it didn't sound normal) and I hear what sounded metal dropping on the ground. I couldn't find what broke off but the bike still riding normally and I don't know what it could be, quite possibly the clutch broke internally.

When I got home that night I put the bike on the rear stand and checked the front/rear sprockets and checked if it is in right order externally. The chain tension is correct and still got plenty of lube.

Called the dealer and I've been telling the guys about the false neutral since the first week I had the bike and they reckon at first the clutch is just too new etc. etc. farking beat around the bush really.
    I did changed Oil and filter at 3000km and before the oil change false neutral was more common and it was using dino oil. I used Mobil 1 Fully synthetic 15W50 M/C oil since the change the engine is running smoother and quieter but the false netural thing is still occuring.

I did the search on google and all I found was slip clutch due to incorrect oil being used so it doesn't really apply to my situation.Could you guys help with some suggestion, I'm going to be dropping the bike off at the dearlership tomorrow so at least I will know if they're bs me this time.
    Last edited by Raiden.; 13-05-2011, 01:56 PM.
Working...
X