Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone tried the halogen streetfighter headlights from ebay? Are they legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone tried the halogen streetfighter headlights from ebay? Are they legal?

hi guys after completing my bobber cruiser lounge pet from last winter this years effort is an xj900r that is getting a streetfighter/cafe makover the bike its self is v presentable in shiny gunmetal grey and has a good chance of looking the part although i have no chance or intention of trying to get an xj off the ground!, so ive beeen looking at a unit on ebay its almost identical lookin to the one on hyos with 2 lights mounted 1 above the other its only 80 bucks with postage so good price and advertised as a replacement for existing road bike headlights whilst many of the others clearly stated not for road use
    anyone got had or experienced these lights?
    Ask not what your country can for do you,
    But what is your country going to do to you next?

link?
    Commander Keen and Shady 7/8 are doing the Kiwi Shitbox rally 2016 as the Dropkick Dropbears- donate here to help us change cancer!

Originally posted by Martin Luther King Jnr
    One has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
    . .

Comment

Cant do a link from my phone but the item number is 400198518494 or vitualvillage.com.uk

Comment

What the pits will look for is the E-mark certification. If it has this, you'll be fine on the road.

Send the seller a message asking if it has it. Otherwise avoid.
        For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
        For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
          What the pits will look for is the E-mark certification. If it has this, you'll be fine on the road.

Send the seller a message asking if it has it. Otherwise avoid.
          I am running dominator lights, and can vouch that the looked at the 'E' when going over the pits.
          Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

i really like the dominators myself and am seriosly considering them did you get the bracket and fairing? I saw a pic of them on the bike i have and the change was stunning , is the visibilty better at night?

Comment

Originally posted by andreripley View Post
              i really like the dominators myself and am seriosly considering them did you get the bracket and fairing? I saw a pic of them on the bike i have and the change was stunning , is the visibilty better at night?
              The dominators are good, but at the end of the day they are just 55/60 halogens. I converted one of them to HID (high beam only) for country riding.

Bought some cheap brackets on ebay, and was not happy with them. Ended up paying them forward and making my own.
              Being an Australian is not an excuse for being dumb and racist.

Comment

just been reading another streetfighter thread and hes taken of a twin mx light to put dominators on the lights he took offf i liked so might pm him otherwise i think its the dominators for me, cheers for the info mate

Comment

Working...
                X